M Ward - Hold Time

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it pretty boring personally, if by classic you mean "sounds virtually the same as the past two records" then I guess so.

sometimes not messing with a formula that works is best IMO. that said... i honestly don't think it sounds "virtually the same as the past two records".

i'll admit i'm biased, as Matt is my favorite solo artist of the '00's, but i still will call a turd a turd when i hear it.

"he put his name in my chorus, and the dock before the dawn, so that in my time of weakness i'll remember it's his song, he's got a line in the water, he's a fisher of men, he's got a lot on the line, he's a fisher of men."

:worship

I'm not so crazy about Lucinda's contribution.

i'm divided on it... on one hand when she comes in it's like a fucking ghost or something... but at the same time i don't know how well their voices go together. i'd probably just have preferred that song w/ just him (as he played it down in Austin last year)

It grew on me as the song went on. But still, not even close to Neil Young. Especially since I just heard him perform this song in November, when it just about took my breath away.

So Mike Mogis produced this, eh?