Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

If you've been tested, list your results. If you don't know what the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is, click here. If you go to that link, there are links to the 16 types. Maybe it will help some of us understand our fellow posters a little better :stunned

I'm ESTP

My husband (Jay) is INTJ.

I guess opposites do attract...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through a multiple-day Myers-Briggs seminar with my entire department a few years ago as part of some kind of team-building thing. We did a fairly thorough typing of everyone.

I'm an INTP.

Out of a department of nineteen, there were only three extroverts. But we're writers, so that's probably no big surprise.

When I took the test, it was for work too. Out of an office of about 60 people, there were only about 10 extroverts and only one was the same type as me. She was one of the only people I worked with that I actually got along with. Out of the 10 or so supervisors, only one was an extrovert.

INTJ

...not surprising that I catalog books for a living.

Do you have your cd's arranged in any particular order?

Before kids, Jay had his arranged in alphabetical order by artist and then by release date. I think. Oh, and they all had to in there in the same direction, which wasn't how you would think they would be. It was like they were in there backwards or something. He could always tell when I took one out because I could never get it back in there how he had it.

That was before kids. Now they're all in boxes in the basement.

Before kids, Jay had his arranged in alphabetical order by artist and then by release date. I think. Oh, and they all had to in there in the same direction, which wasn't how you would think they would be. It was like they were in there backwards or something. He could always tell when I took one out because I could never get it back in there how he had it.

That was before kids. Now they're all in boxes in the basement.

Back in the day, I took great pains to ensure that my CDs were arranged in exactly this manner -- alphabetically by artist, then by release date. And that they were all shelved in the same way (though probably not the way Jay did it).

Then I moved in with Melissa and my collection got relegated to the basement, and I just haven't had the chance to keep it up to my previous standards. :hmm

Back in the day, I took great pains to ensure that my CDs were arranged in exactly this manner -- alphabetically by artist, then by release date. And that they were all shelved in the same way (though probably not the way Jay did it).

Then I moved in with Melissa and my collection got relegated to the basement, and I just haven't had the chance to keep it up to my previous standards. :hmm

All of my cd's were just thrown on a shelf and most were in the wrong case. But hey, it worked for me.

I did back in the day, but I don't keep cd's at my place. They're all in boxes at my parents' house. But my bookcase is arranged thematically in order of importance to me and I group the authors so my favorites are in the middle of the shelves for easy access.

I did this a few years ago for work....I'm pretty sure I'm INTJ.

And yes, my 1500+ CDs are alphabetized. :)

ITFP - Strong I & P Moderate T & F

And yes my CD's (1,500 or so)are alphabetized too. I also have them in chronological order within each artist. I can walk in the room and sense that one has been moved too. My wife and her mom used to try and get me on this, but it never works, butI'll walk in and walk right up to the CD's and switch them to the right places everu time.

Another INTJ. All moderate, I think.

Before kids, Jay had his arranged in alphabetical order by artist and then by release date.

Yes.

But my bookcase is arranged thematically in order of importance to me and I group the authors so my favorites are in the middle of the shelves for easy access.

Yes, too. Except that's expanded across four bookcases. I have one entirely devoted to children's literature.

Anyone else keep a running list of gift ideas for Christmas and birthdays that they constantly update throughout the year?

I'm not sure what our book cases would look like if we didn't have kids. Right now, we can't put anything on the bottom 2-3 shelves because the toddlers pull it all down. So everything is just stacked wherever it will fit on the top shelves.

I'm sure he has some system for that.

Yes, too. Except that's expanded across four bookcases. I have one entirely devoted to children's literature.

Anyone else keep a running list of gift ideas for Christmas and birthdays that they constantly update throughout the year?

Mine would if I had more space... although I guess if you include the "less important" books I've delegated to the bookcases at my parents' place, this method covers three bookcases.

And yes to the lists! :wave

My INTJ things were all moderate, too.

ITFP - Strong I & P Moderate T & F

And yes my CD's (1,500 or so)are alphabetized too. I also have them in chronological order within each artist. I can walk in the room and sense that one has been moved too. My wife and her mom used to try and get me on this, but it never works, butI'll walk in and walk right up to the CD's and switch them to the right places everu time.

Do people actually not have their CDs ordered alphabetically and chronlogically?? The concept seems very foreign to me. :huh How do they find anything?

Do people actually not have their CDs ordered alphabetically and chronlogically?? The concept seems very foreign to me. :huh How do they find anything?

Mine were just wherever. And in the wrong cases most of the time. I had to search to find things.

I like to organize but can't find the time to keep it up. I know that doesn't make sense to most of you.