Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the actual quiz?

The real MBTI can only be administered by a qualified professional counsellor or facilitator (usually with a graduate degree in psychology and some additional training), but there are similar tests available online. The MBTI is a real personality inventory, not just a Cosmo-style quiz.

If you're interested in Jung's theory and the MBTI, check out Gifts Differing. Please Understand Me is good too.

INFP

Introverted (I) 64.86% Extroverted (E) 35.14%

Intuitive (N) 52.94% Sensing (S) 47.06%

Feeling (F) 54.55% Thinking (T) 45.45%

Perceiving (P) 59.46% Judging (J) 40.54%

I must really be INFP...I took the test again and had the EXACT same percentage scores.

More type profiles on Keirsey.com

Temperament: Idealist

Type: INFP (Healer)

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

I took it, but I forgot which one I am, so I will just go with GOAT.

INTP. "The world exists primarily to be understood."

http://www.slate.com/id/2184696

I'm the same as McCain and Bush. :rotfl

Holy crap -- me too!

Extroverted (E) 63.64% Introverted (I) 36.36%

Sensing (S) 66.67% Intuitive (N) 33.33%

Thinking (T) 55.17% Feeling (F) 44.83%

Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

INTP. "The world exists primarily to be understood."

INTP as well, and wondering if there's a place in the modern world for us. Economy doesn't value us much, with a few rare, and very big exceptions.

I usually find this kind of stuff to be nonsense, but I was tested again recently, and darn if it isn't resonating.

I am far too introverted to share such personal information with an entire message board, but I will say that I am as awesome as llynn. :yes

Also, you people really need to do something about your messed-up cd collections! :o They should be alphabetized, chronological, and right-side up. It's also a very good thing if you label the spines of any homemade discs in slimline cases using teeny tiny writing with a sharpie. Get crackin'! :thumbup

It bothers me when a commercial disc has the text on the spine going the wrong direction. What the hell are those people thinking?!!? :realmad

:yes That's just wrong! Then you have to put the cd in the rack upside-down so that its spine can be read! :realmad

:yes That's just wrong! Then you have to put the cd in the rack upside-down so that its spine can be read! :realmad

It's a dilemma ... do I screw up my shelf by having one title reading the wrong way, or by having a jewel case improperly inserted? I never know which to choose. :hmm

It bothers me when a commercial disc has the text on the spine going the wrong direction. What the hell are those people thinking?!!? :realmad

Heh...you would have a stroke if you saw my office.

I group by type of music...then have separated into stacks of stuff I recenly listened to...then have the new stuff sitting on top...then have the stuff I loaded to iTunes on top of that.

I wouldn't want me as an employee...but I would want me as a friend.

It's a dilemma ... do I screw up my shelf by having one title reading the wrong way, or by having a jewel case improperly inserted? I never know which to choose. :hmm

sometimes when caliber is bugging me I will crumple all the money in my wallet, and make it go all different ways. You can see him visibly tremble.

ESFP bitches!

I take it you're not ESFP? What're you, ESPN? :brow

sometimes when caliber is bugging me I will crumple all the money in my wallet, and make it go all different ways. You can see him visibly tremble.

I dare you to casually hold a dollar bill over the stove and burn it. Please report back with Caliber's amusing reaction. :thumbup