The Grateful Dead

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly, Mickey is good friends with the Gore family. She has played with them before.

True. Eh, who cares really if she "sat in"? Everybody's out on bathroom break anyway.

I remember her from the 80s when she was shreiking about 'obscene' music and have disliked her ever since.

Maybe I should let the hate go...............ok, done.

I cling to a bit, too, for her.

I'm sure your all aware I'm no OBama fan but I know some of you are and you might be intrested to hear that the band stopped by the white house before the show.

606904.jpg

and as im posting i just herd that Robert Hunter co-wrote the whole new dylan record http://www.bobdylanisis.com/Dylan%20Digest.htm

Good for him - I was just looking at his blog the other day. He has not posted anything new January 2008.

Yeah I was getting worried he was sick or something to that end. Having listened to the two dylan tracks I don't hear hunter in the lines, but I guess I didn't hear hunter coming through on those rhythm devils tracks (anyone recall fountains of wood?)

That's awesome. I wonder if the teenaged Barack ever got his hands on some of Latvala's tapes while they were both puffing the wowie back in the day. :stunned

Hmmmm.....Bobby and Phil on The View a few weeks ago....Tipper sitting in on Drums....Tour "Books" after each show......$100 + ticket prices......What's going on? Used to be Kind Veggie Burritos and "doses!..Doses! What is this the 401K tour?

I know I know they gotta make a living but this just seems so un-dead like Call me jaded and cynical and who am I to judge but count me out. Jerry is rolling in his grave (or at least his ashes are swirling in the Ganges). The Dead have gone middle of the road. Christ... I gotta bust out some Pigpen now.

Sorry for the rant, if you go and have a blast, far out. This all just does nothing but make me feel a bit bummed.

Wow, the Hunter news is pretty cool.

With regards to Tipper, I believe she just wanted a sticker on a album. I don't know if that is censorship. I am not here defending her, though. Just bringing up a point. I have not listened to her "performance" from last night, yet, so I don't have an opinion her drumming abilities.

It's great they got to go to the White House.

I'm guessing no one has listened to Greensboro yet or maybe you don't plan on doing so. But I highly recommend caution through space. good psychedelic stuff http://www.archive.org/details/thedead2009....DPA4017.flac16

I have only listened to most of the first set. I thought it sounded pretty good. Enough to get me excited about the Chicago dates,agian. It's weird, my excitement level has been up down since they announced the tour. It's good it's on the upswing again. Plus I heard from friends, that I haven't heard from in a while, and they are going to the show, so it will be nice to get together with them again for a Dead show.

I have only listened to most of the first set. I thought it sounded pretty good. Enough to get me excited about the Chicago dates,agian. It's weird, my excitement level has been up down since they announced the tour. It's good it's on the upswing again. Plus I heard from friends, that I haven't heard from in a while, and they are going to the show, so it will be nice to get together with them again for a Dead show.

I really would like to hit one of the chicago dates but I don't think I justify it finically. I keep checking craigslist for something to show up under face but it seems like people won't budge. Id go to the lot to look but I can't see paying for parking on a "chance" that I may get in.

ETA: No shit, I go on craigslist just after I posted this, found two 100 hundred dollar tickets for 75. I dont know weather I should go for it or hold back. grrrr. Blah boo AHH! The hard choices.

I've listened to Greensboro and thought it was pretty danr good.

As to the Dead doing tv/White House/ticket prices, etc : not for nothing but Garcia died almost 14 years ago when tickets to shows were going for over $40 often. I'd imagine they'd be close to what other major acts charge now.

I hear you're point but, unfortunately, time forges ahead and things change. These guys are old and most of them have been vocal about their political ideals the last 10 years or so. Doesn't bother me that much as I hardly expected things to remain the same after Garcia kicked, though. This band has no where near my attention nor impact on me so I take it with a grain of salt, I guess.

From what I've gathered, the dead didn't set ticket prices (and may have even tried to lower them iirc).

I really would like to hit one of the chicago dates but I don't think I justify it finically. I keep checking craigslist for something to show up under face but it seems like people won't budge. Id go to the lot to look but I can't see paying for parking on a "chance" that I may get in.

ETA: No shit, I go on craigslist just after I posted this, found two 100 hundred dollar tickets for 75. I dont know weather I should go for it or hold back. grrrr. Blah boo AHH! The hard choices.

I paid $70 bucks for a ticket (face- originally $60 but with the ridiculous charges= $72). It's the most I've ever paid for a single-band concert and was the cheapest out there.

I'm sure the cost of internet resale tickets will come down closer to the show date if they are still available. Right now I only have a ticket for Monday, I may/should have one for Tuesday, but that is still up in the air. So I have been looking at the prices and wondering if I should pull the trigger and just buy a Tuesday ticket, too.

I'm sure the cost of internet resale tickets will come down closer to the show date if they are still available. Right now I only have a ticket for Monday, I may/should have one for Tuesday, but that is still up in the air. So I have been looking at the prices and wondering if I should pull the trigger and just buy a Tuesday ticket, too.

Anyone know anything about this site http://www.ticketsreview.com/

there are a few for under face on the side or behind the stage. I always get nervous buying tickets from a reseller online.

Anyone know anything about this site http://www.ticketsreview.com/

there are a few for under face on the side or behind the stage. I always get nervous buying tickets from a reseller online.

I have not bought a ticket from reseller, either. Ticketstub and Ticketsnow I have heard advertise on the radio (which may not mean much). I haven't heard of ticketsReview.

I have not bought a ticket from reseller, either. Ticketstub and Ticketsnow I have heard advertise on the radio (which may not mean much). I haven't heard of ticketsReview.

Just bought two tickets for 50 each from stub hub, they say they are insured.

WHOO HOOO!

I've listened to Greensboro and thought it was pretty danr good.

As to the Dead doing tv/White House/ticket prices, etc : not for nothing but Garcia died almost 14 years ago when tickets to shows were going for over $40 often. I'd imagine they'd be close to what other major acts charge now.

I hear you're point but, unfortunately, time forges ahead and things change. These guys are old and most of them have been vocal about their political ideals the last 10 years or so. Doesn't bother me that much as I hardly expected things to remain the same after Garcia kicked, though. This band has no where near my attention nor impact on me so I take it with a grain of salt, I guess.

From what I've gathered, the dead didn't set ticket prices (and may have even tried to lower them iirc).

Sure......I hear you it just seems too mainstream I guess. I'm not saying they loose street cred 'cause they aren't saying fuck you to the man or anything like that but, I dunno.....for me it just doesn't jibe. Yeah times change for sure, it's just tough seein Bob and Phil koffe klatching with Whoopi and Joy Behar....I never tripped that bad to see something like that :stunned

it's just tough seein Bob and Phil koffe klatching with Whoopi and Joy Behar....I never tripped that bad to see something like that :stunned

That was tough to stomache, for sure. I could not ff the clip so I had to turn the volume off until I saw them take up the instruments. Absolutely painful.

I'm not sure if people here are following David Lemieux reports from the road on dead.net, but it seems someone tried to steal his laptop. His reports have been fun to read. It seems he is updating his blog during the show, which is kinda nice. I wonder if the person knew who's laptop he was stealing.

http://www.dead.net/4-15-john-paul-jones-arena

Second set opened with a terrific, jammed out Playing In The Band, which was almost the end of your intrepid reporter’s reportage, as my laptop was stolen while I was out enjoying the music. But, during Crazy Fingers, the perpetrator was spotted, dropped the computer and ran. So, on to the show.