The end is near!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all agree, no matter what side we are on, that Palin is dumb? Fuck, I've got someone on another board actually trying to defend her and say that she's the most qualified person on the ticket because she has more executive experience than any of them. Holy shit! She's fucking dumb! Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

shes one dumb amEIRican

I'd say they'll probably float more to Ron Paul's ideals. At the very least, they are going to realize that people want them to stay the hell out of their day-to-day lives.

So they will finally become pro-choice? :yay

Can we all agree, no matter what side we are on, that Palin is dumb? Fuck, I've got someone on another board actually trying to defend her and say that she's the most qualified person on the ticket because she has more executive experience than any of them. Holy shit! She's fucking dumb! Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

i'm willing to believe that maybe she has a respectable IQ (although i've yet to see any evidence of it), but she's dumb as hell about national policy. because, i suspect, she's never really had any interest in it. she should've declined the offer.

So they will finally become pro-choice? :yay

ron paul is pro-life.

i'm willing to believe that maybe she has a respectable IQ (although i've yet to see any evidence of it), but she's dumb as hell about national policy. because, i suspect, she's never really had any interest in it. she should've declined the offer.

Or, at the very least, blinked.

ron paul is pro-life.

If I learned anything from the West Wing it's that when asked to serve your country you never say no.

Wouldn't any possible shifts in the republican party be based on how well Obama's presidency goes and where

world and national issues stand?

I think Palin has set a rather disturbing precedent by hardly interacting with the media at all as a candidate.

"OMG, bias!" has long been a rallying cry, but if you listen to the Palin defenders, the cornerstone of their entire defense of her seems to be a complete and utter paranoid distrust of any and all media.(aka: The Filter) They "distort things" with their "critical analysis". And the questions they ask are sometimes really, really hard! No fair!

Say what you will about examples of media bias (it certainly goes both ways), but how can it possibly be a good thing for candidates to never have to answer questions or explain themselves beyond the content of their own BS-laden press releases?

After this is over, it will be interesting to see what happens with the republican party and its supported policies.

Resident righties -- any ideas??

You weren't asking me...but my answer? Drift to the center.

I'd love to see a more fiscally conservative, socially liberally candidate put up by the GOP, but I just don't see it happening. Not until conservatives in the Lincoln mold stand up to the wingnuts like James Dobson.

That is the candidate Id like to see. Unfortunately the wingnuts have a death grip on the party so it will more likely be a candidate in the mold of Palin who will run.

Although I

What I see happening rather than a much-needed wholesale change in the party is a wait and see attitude. For the vast majority of Americans, things will not get noticeably better, probably worse in most cases, during the next administration and the RNC will find a way to capitalize on this in the next elections. I

I'm secretly hoping this happens:

Obama wins and is an abject failure.

His victory splinters the republican party into the religious right and the Ron Paul right.

Obama's failure splits the democrats into a far left party and a centrist party.

Change we can believe in!

ron paul is pro-life.

Some fucking libertarian HE is.

His victory splinters the republican party into the religious right and the Ron Paul right.

Obama's failure splits the democrats into a far left party and a centrist party.

Huh... This makes me sad. But I think it is a common sentiment. People have their factions and don't want the country to be successful if their guy isn't at the helm. That's a shame. If McCain wins, I hope he is an unqualified success, just as I hoped when W was elected.

I am not-so-secretly hoping that was a joke.

Huh... This makes me sad. But I think it is a common sentiment. People have their factions and don't want the country to be successful if their guy isn't at the helm. That's a shame. If McCain wins, I hope he is an unqualified success, just as I hoped when W was elected.

I am not-so-secretly hoping that was a joke.

What?

I'm hoping for the destruction of the two party system. Did you read what I read?

How could you possibly want him to fail? Doesn't a failure for him mean a failure for ALL of us? When Bush *won* in 2000, while I was devastated, I certainly didn't want my worst fears to be realized, as that would only mean a downturn for the country. If only a "downturn" was all we got; I think there is very little that he can say that became better in the 8 years of Bush's presidency. Almost every single issue -- from foreign relations, interior policies, education, energy, healthcare, jobs, to oh yeah, tax policies and the deficit -- is worse now than eight years ago. I don't think we as a country can afford another disasterous 4-8 years.

EDIT: I am not convinced a system other than the two party system would be any better.

So are you going to help out and make sure she isn't president or what???? I am not giving up....FLA needs all the Obama votes it can get to offest any Republican hanky panky at the polls....

Some fucking libertarian HE is.
Ron Paul looks attractive at first blush, but like many liberarians, he can be rather fascistic....

Small world story......about Obama, not about Ron Paul or Sarah (I'm an idiot with a load of money to go shopping...) Palin. I was reviewing (Barack Obama's former church)Trinity UCC Church's day care center this week and as I was leaving I asked the directors if either of them were members of the church. It turned out that the Executive Director of the daycare centers (which incidently were really nice and really good) is Jeremiah Wright's daughter. Anyway it was pretty cool, since I got to tell her that the north side supports Barack also and that we are all very excited about him becoming president. They said shit was crazy when things were really hot with Wright and his statements and I said yea, everyone talks in hyperbole including me and that shit being taken out of context is unfair, etc. They invited me to the dedication of the daycare center which is being going to be named after Wright.

LouieB

What?

I'm hoping for the destruction of the two party system. Did you read what I read?

Yes, you said:

Regardless of the results to the two-party system, an abject failure would mean bad things for the country. I know what I think would be good for the country, but if guy who most closely resembles my positions doesn't win, I still hope the guy that does is a success so our country can prosper.

I see what you're getting at and concede that it would be interesting to expand political influence beyond the current 2 major parties. Splintering them won't be all peaches and cream, though. Just imagine a heated four-party race that somebody will win and then vast majority of the population will bitch about "That asshole who won with 26% of the vote and governs like he has a mandate!" :hmm

I'm joking....kind of.

How could you possibly want him to fail? Doesn't a failure for him mean a failure for ALL of us? When Bush *won* in 2000, while I was devastated, I certainly didn't want my worst fears to be realized, as that would only mean a downturn for the country. If only a "downturn" was all we got; I think there is very little that he can say that became better in the 8 years of Bush's presidency. Almost every single issue -- from foreign relations, interior policies, education, energy, healthcare, jobs, to oh yeah, tax policies and the deficit -- is worse now than eight years ago. I don't think we as a country can afford another disasterous 4-8 years.

Well, I see it as kind of more of an inevitability. The economy naturally goes down. It happens, people. Sorry. Iraq is going to be a shit situation for a while. Energy is going to be a problem for a while. And Obama will be blamed if things don't change, because that's the platform he's running on.

The economy is probably going to start turning up around the next election, but people won't be able to notice it until 2013 or so. Whoever is president in 2012 is going to get the credit for it, and Obama is going to get the blame. We could pull out in a year in Iraq, and it might go well, but it'll probably become a bigger hell hole.

I'm looking at it realistically. The next four years are probably going to suck, and I don't think Obama can fix that, and it's not a knock on him. You have to have bad times before you can get back to the good.

i'd love to see the death of the two-party system as well, but what i'd really like to see would be these 'alternative' parties really take the time to legitimately build their respective fifedoms into viable entities via more focus on state and local...versus throwing a guy in the presidential race every four years or bobob's plan of building one on the back of further economic ruin, thanks.

deep

have you seen Obama's suits?

yep, he wears off the rack Burberry suits, which go for around $1,500. so i guess if he owns 100 of them, that's about the same thing, which i suppose is possible, but not likely.

anywho, it's not so much how much she spent, as it is the fact that the RNC covered the tab. i know some GOP donor friends who were pissed as hell about that article/fact...

Well, I see it as kind of more of an inevitability. The economy naturally goes down. It happens, people. Sorry. Iraq is going to be a shit situation for a while. Energy is going to be a problem for a while. And Obama will be blamed if things don't change, because that's the platform he's running on.

The economy is probably going to start turning up around the next election, but people won't be able to notice it until 2013 or so. Whoever is president in 2012 is going to get the credit for it, and Obama is going to get the blame. We could pull out in a year in Iraq, and it might go well, but it'll probably become a bigger hell hole.

I'm looking at it realistically. The next four years are probably going to suck, and I don't think Obama can fix that, and it's not a knock on him. You have to have bad times before you can get back to the good.

can you use your crystal ball to tell me if the cubs will ever win the series and if i'll ever get my boys potty-trained?

can you use your crystal ball to tell me if the cubs will ever win the series and if i'll ever get my boys potty-trained?

No and yes....(FYI boys take longer than girls.....)

LouieB