The end is near!

That seems like a reference to this famous photo of Adlai Stevenson adlai-773475.jpg. Adlai is sort of Obama's political grandfather (Paul Simon got his start as a newspaper publisher that influenced Governor Stevenson, Obama won his Democratic primary in part because of an endorsement from the recently-deceased Senator) and the two have been compared because of their speaking ability.

A rip-off of a famous photo of Adlai Stevenson

pulitzer.jpg

dude, 1 page?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this is over, it will be interesting to see what happens with the republican party and its supported policies.

Resident righties -- any ideas??

Bear Shot, Draped with Obama Signs, Asheville Paper Reports

By E&P Staff

Published: October 20, 2008 10:10 PM ET

NEW YORK The Asheville (N.C.) Citizen Times reports, "A dead bear was found dumped this morning on the Western Carolina University campus, draped with a pair of Obama campaign signs, university police said."

Maintenance workers at 7:45 a.m. found a 75-pound bear cub dumped at the roundabout at the entrance to campus, said Tom Johnson, chief of university police.

"Early Voting Sees Reports of Voter Intimidation, Machine Malfunctions" Amy Goodman Interviews Mark Crispin Miller, professor of media culture and communication at New York University. He is the author of several books, most recently Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy, 2000-2008. His previous book is called Fooled Again: How the Right Stole the 2004 Election and Why They’ll Steal the Next One Too.

Great interview. If you try to watch the video link or mp3 you have to skip ahead about 8-10 mins to get to the interview.

After this is over, it will be interesting to see what happens with the republican party and its supported policies.

Resident righties -- any ideas??

i don't know that i can say with any certainty what their supported policies are.

i don't know that i can say with any certainty what their supported policies are.

:unsure -- my poorly written sentence or their mesaging/communication issues?

Agree.

You weren't asking me...but my answer? Drift to the center.

Disagree. It seems to me that Palin's break with McCain's more centrist positions is calculated and the social conservative base doesn't seem willing to stick their neck out at this point to try to get McCain elected. My guess is we'll see a VERY socially-conservative candidate in 2012, unfortunately. I'd love to see a more fiscally conservative, socially liberally candidate put up by the GOP, but I just don't see it happening. Not until conservatives in the Lincoln mold stand up to the wingnuts like James Dobson.

I'd love to see a more fiscally conservative, socially liberally candidate put up by the GOP, but I just don't see it happening. Not until conservatives in the Lincoln mold stand up to the wingnuts like James Dobson.

That is the candidate Id like to see. Unfortunately the wingnuts have a death grip on the party so it will more likely be a candidate in the mold of Palin who will run.

I highly doubt the republicans will do anything to repeal roe v wade, if elected. If they repeal it, what will they have to go on next time around? I think they think of it as their insurance policy to get into the white house.

I remember having these conversations after the 2004 election. After they failed miserably at every level then, the Dems really just got better at campaigning and getting out the vote. There wasn't a major ideological shift. They've also benefitted from current events (Iraq war, economic crisis).

I doubt that the Republicans will have a major shift, either.

Dems really just got better at campaigning and getting out the vote.

This is definitely true.

Whilst perusing Apps for my iPhone last night, I noticed that Obama has one that will automatically give you all the updates to his campaign, including tourstops and volunteer opportunities. His campaign has been very very tech savvy.

Can we all agree, no matter what side we are on, that Palin is dumb? Fuck, I've got someone on another board actually trying to defend her and say that she's the most qualified person on the ticket because she has more executive experience than any of them. Holy shit! She's fucking dumb! Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Can we all agree, no matter what side we are on, that Palin is dumb? Fuck, I've got someone on another board actually trying to defend her and say that she's the most qualified person on the ticket because she has more executive experience than any of them. Holy shit! She's fucking dumb! Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Thanks for reminding me to check up on http://www.palinaspresident.us/

Yes... though she would though however be a better hunter then Cheney! :lol

you betcha!

I remember having these conversations after the 2004 election. After they failed miserably at every level then, the Dems really just got better at campaigning and getting out the vote. There wasn't a major ideological shift. They've also benefitted from current events (Iraq war, economic crisis).

I doubt that the Republicans will have a major shift, either.

BINGO!

Well, being dumb isn't necessarily a disqualifier for being President. Check the White House out now.