• Yes, I voted!
    • No, I haven't voted but will before election day
    • No, I haven't voted but will ON election day
    • No, I haven't voted and don't plan to

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm voting from my couch tonight with the write-in deal, after I re-read all the amendments and statements on judges and everything else. And there're ample write-in spaces! Is this the correct spelling for "Busey?"

On the ballot, the Republican incumbent is listed, and there are no challengers of any kind.

That's like most of the races here, except Democratic. I voted Monday when I got home from CA. I was the second of two people in line at city hall. I live in a small town outside Madison, so it wasn't too surprising. But it was nice.

Just voted (mail in). I voted against all the judges, against the one amendment to the constitution (iowa) and not for anyone running unopposed. And for President... it is a secret ballot for a reason. You bunch of voyeurs.

I voted yesterday. It took as long as a Cardinals concert - 70 minutes :devil. I didn't mind waiting at all. The atmosphere was festive. Lot's of folks obviously voting for the first time. Talking about Obama. Very energetic, family vibe. From a long line snaking around the library parking lot, I could count the white faces on one hand. I live in an inner-city (CODE WORD!!!) neighborhood so the closest early polling place was also in the inner city (CODE WORD ALERT!!!). It felt really good. It is the first time in all of my years of voting that I truly felt a part of something greater than myself. I can't wait for wednesday morning!

I will vote on November 4, but a friend of mine voted yesterday and it took her 3 hours. I'm thinking the lines may be shorter when I vote if this keeps up.

That will probably be true. I don't know what your early voting process is like where you live, but in my county there are six places you can go to vote early. On election day there will be 192 voting locations in my county. Since 35+% of voters in my county have already voted, I can't imagine it taking longer on Nov. 4 than it's been taking so far.

I will vote on November 4, but a friend of mine voted yesterday and it took her 3 hours. I'm thinking the lines may be shorter when I vote if this keeps up.

I wouldn't take that bet. Though I don't know where you are, voter turn-out is looking to be pretty huge. In '04, I went on election day (Denver) at about 5 p.m. (polls were supposed to close at 7 p.m.) and the line at my local polling place was a 3 hour wait. i didn't have the time to wait and missed out on voting, even though they kept the polling places open until 10 p.m. or so for everyone that was in the line up until 7 p.m.

ed. I forgot about the additional polling places on election day (jff).... maybe it will be better.

That will probably be true. I don't know what your early voting process is like where you live, but in my county there are six places you can go to vote early. On election day there will be 192 voting locations in my county. Since 35+% of voters in my county have already voted, I can't imagine it taking longer on Nov. 4 than it's been taking so far.

Just one place per county, the county's election commission office. Which is why I'd rather wait.

I wouldn't take that bet. Though I don't know where you are, voter turn-out is looking to be pretty huge. In '04, I went on election day (Denver) at about 5 p.m. (polls were supposed to close at 7 p.m.) and the line at my local polling place was a 3 hour wait. i didn't have the time to wait and missed out on voting, even though they kept the polling places open until 10 p.m. or so for everyone that was in the line up until 7 p.m.

ed. I forgot about the additional polling places on election day (jff).... maybe it will be better.

I'm taking the afternoon of the 4th off to vote. I figure that way I won't hit the "just got off work" traffic like I normally do. Plus hopefully all the teachers will have already voted for the most part since they have the entire day off. Plus I'm voting at a totally different place this time and need the time to figure out where the heck I'm going. Some of the more populous counties are opening for voting on Saturday from 9 - 12 but I don't really want to spend my Saturday morning standing in line.

no early voting allowed here.

i still don't think it's ever taken me more than 5 minutes to vote. if the turn out is tremendous here this year, that will probably shoot up to about 8 minutes.

I didn't know you lived in Mayberry.