Now Playing: November 2008

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPP_Hymns_frontsm.jpg

What do you think of them? Pretty sure we're opening up for them the next time they come through town, but anyways I think the have really solid tunes and I love the singer, he's as believably crazy as I've ever seen a frontman.

The String Cheese Incident - McGaw Chapel, Wooster OH 4/13/00 (Acoustic)

When I was living in Created Butte in the early '90s, SCI (when they WERE an acoustic band) used to come to play the Forest Queen every (well maybe not EVERY) Wednesday night. That was a lot of fun and I really dug those guys. I wasn't such a fan when they went more electric and Phish-y.

np: Faust Arp by Radiohead over and over as I try to figure it out on my gee-tar.

When I was living in Created Butte in the early '90s, SCI (when they WERE an acoustic band) used to come to play the Forest Queen every (well maybe not EVERY) Wednesday night. That was a lot of fun and I really dug those guys. I wasn't such a fan when they went more electric and Phish-y.

np: Faust Arp by Radiohead over and over as I try to figure it out on my gee-tar.

I thought SCI was fantastic until around '02. They seemed to get into the "trance" thing a little too heavily after that - plus, I hated the classic rock covers (Walk This Way, Born to Be Wild, etc) that they were doing.