Now Playing: November 2008

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anxious to hear what you thought of the rest of this.

Listened to it one way through and I really liked it. Extremely catchy, and the only track that didn't catch was "Love U". Right now my favorite song is the title track, probably because I've heard it the most.

NP:

808nheartbreakkover.jpg

Yeah, musically it's great. But I hate the vocoder thing.

I'm certain he peaked with Late Registration, and part of that was working with Jon Brion who basically opened that higher playing field for Kanye.

now listening to what little parts of Nels Cline Singers - The Giant Pin I have.

see... now i just couldn't get that into the first 2 albums save for 4-5 songs on each record. i didn't really care for the whole orchestral/string-based stuff, not when it comes to hip hop at least. i love that he embraced the 80's and techno on Graduation. plus you've got insane hooks like Champion, Stronger, Good Morning, Can't Tell me Nothin', Good Life, etc., i loved all but 2 songs on that record.

as for this new one... after a bunch of listens last night (after that initial akward first listen, i'm LOVING about 2/3 of 808's... yes the auto-tune can be annoying at times, but there's other times when Kanye sings without it and actually sounds fine, so i'm not sure why he felt the need to use it SO much.

Paranoid & Robocop are fucking awesome.

Listened to it one way through and I really liked it. Extremely catchy, and the only track that didn't catch was "Love U". Right now my favorite song is the title track, probably because I've heard it the most.

Love U is my least fave song on the album. it's good tho, just can be a bit annoying sometimes

NP: The tiny snatches of Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion that are circulating. This equates to one almost complete song and two partials.

Judging from what I've heard, this album will be exceptional.

NP: The tiny snatches of Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion that are circulating. This equates to one almost complete song and two partials.

Judging from what I've heard, this album will be exceptional.

if there's one band post '00 that i just do not GET whatsoever... it's Animal Collective

there's a few songs i've enjoyed here or there, but on the whole i usually just get angry/annoyed whenever i listen to their stuff.

funny thing is, i LOVE Panda Bear (esp Person Pitch)