Now Playing: November 2008

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

j81636fzdi2.jpgd657246ac69.jpg

l68227eef61.jpgd106623wf2h.jpg

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig! Lazarus! Dig!!!

Shrimp Boat - Duende

Beto Villares - Beto Villares

Various Artists - Latcho Drom (original soundtrack)

Just received from a friend:

d11646s3bu2.jpg

About to listen to it. My expectations are significantly lower for this one than his last album, because I really hate "Love Lockdown".

through one listen i'm kinda so-so on it... it all just sounds SO so similiar and with the auto-tune it's easy to lose track of where one song begins and the other ends frankly...

BUT, some of it is really great pop (Paranoid is killer), even if nothing gets me really interested like his past work (esp the last, which was the one that got me into him fully).

hoping a lot of it grows on me more, this album is going to sound dated fairly quickly imo however

but for what he set out to do, it's a huge success. i'd honestly say on first listen i'd give it a solid 7/10, which bodes well for future listens

through one listen i'm kinda so-so on it... it all just sounds SO so similiar and with the auto-tune it's easy to lose track of where one song begins and the other ends frankly...

BUT, some of it is really great pop (Paranoid is killer), even if nothing gets me really interested like his past work (esp the last, which was the one that got me into him fully).

hoping a lot of it grows on me more, this album is going to sound dated fairly quickly imo however

but for what he set out to do, it's a huge success. i'd honestly say on first listen i'd give it a solid 7/10, which bodes well for future listens

I'm split on Graduation. Musically, it's absolutely brilliant. "Flashing Lights" is such an incredible song.

But the hooks aren't there, and it's substantially less fun than his first two albums. He totally lost his sense of humor.

I'm split on Graduation. Musically, it's absolutely brilliant. "Flashing Lights" is such an incredible song.

But the hooks aren't there, and it's substantially less fun than his first two albums. He totally lost his sense of humor.

I'm certain he peaked with Late Registration, and part of that was working with Jon Brion who basically opened that higher playing field for Kanye.

now listening to what little parts of Nels Cline Singers - The Giant Pin I have.

David Grahame compilation

Def Leppard - YEAH!

The Boo Radleys - Kingsize

Talking Heads - The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads

4516.jpg

Giving this thing a go for the first time. That ripping solo in the first song was not what I was expecting from what I saw on Conan and what I expected in general.

Some catchy shit here.

Anxious to hear what you thought of the rest of this.