Glide Magazine

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the list for a second....what is Glide magazine??

LouieB

glidemagazine.com

it's good little music website that has pretty noteworthy daily news. i check it everyday. i think it was focused on jambands in the past, but now it's more of a focus on 'good' music. they like wilco, neil young, and even coldplay. i like it.

as far as the list goes. i like none of them. i've tried and tried to get into that fleet foxes, but it is so derivative and boring. not to mention the guy is so trying to imitate jim james. even with his inflections and phrasing. sad.

glidemagazine.com

it's good little music website that has pretty noteworthy daily news. i check it everyday. i think it was focused on jambands in the past, but now it's more of a focus on 'good' music. they like wilco, neil young, and even coldplay. i like it.

as far as the list goes. i like none of them. i've tried and tried to get into that fleet foxes, but it is so derivative and boring. not to mention the guy is so trying to imitate jim james. even with his inflections and phrasing. sad.

I did check this out after I wrote this. I saw Fleet Foxes this summer and have heard a bit of their album. Becoming this famous and critically aclaimed this fast may not be good for these guys. I find them inoffensive, pleasant and throughly derivitive. We may never hear from them again.

LouieB

I've only heard one of those.

have a listen to the handy streaming audio they've got underneath. i think that's actually quite a good thing to have really, because it's nice to hear what they are talking about when these sites review stuff.

i'm glade they've got plants & animals on their list. i thought that was a very good album this year of well written songs; and obviously tv on the radio is probably going to be on most sites lists, which is a good thing.

have a listen to the handy streaming audio they've got underneath. i think that's actually quite a good thing to have really, because it's nice to hear what they are talking about when these sites review stuff.

oh cool, I didn't even notice that. thanks!

glidemagazine.com

i've tried and tried to get into that fleet foxes, but it is so derivative and boring. not to mention the guy is so trying to imitate jim james. even with his inflections and phrasing. sad.

You forgot to mention how you felt about the Fleet Foxes................................

That was my favorite record (s) this year. I guess we'll never find that common ground.

i agree there's certainly some very similar qualities in their voice, but by no means is it a copy (he's been singing this way for at least 5-6 years from the earlier material i've heard). honestly having seen both a ton of times live, Robin has a more naturally stronger voicer than Jim...

musically they're very different from MMJ though, much more sunny pop/beach boys. no they're not re-inventing the wheel, but i'll take their record over Evil Urges ANY day of the week.

for being 22, Robin is one helluva talent.

now don't get me wrong, MMJ are a vastly superior band, but i can't discredit how much enjoyment i got out of both the Sun Giant EP and s/t full length over the past 14 months, not to mention 4 great live shows.

I do not get that Dead Confederate band AT ALL. I read a lot of comparisons to MMJ, but I hear a lot of Seven Mary Three.

From reading your posts, I'm forced to wonder if you actually like music. Have you ever liked a single band discussed on this board?

I do not get that Dead Confederate band AT ALL. I read a lot of comparisons to MMJ, but I hear a lot of Seven Mary Three.

I don't get the MMJ comparison...huh. The EP was miles better than the LP, in my opinion.