I have been doing the exact same thing. I never really got this show and even now I only find it funny sporadically. He just annoys the shit out of me, the whiny bastard. I suppose the exaggeration of his character is the point but still...

I know a few people that find him too annoying to watch the show, and I get that totally. He's not an easy character to watch, though he is for me :).

I find Larry's excessive pettiness and opposition to a lot of social etiquette's to be one of the biggest reasons to watch the show. A lot of times I find his qualms are actually right but somehow things always get turned around on him. Of course the show relies on the classic misunderstanding scenario to get a lot of their laughs, but at least they do it in an intelligent way.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11305_17_poster_1_f.jpg

Precious is a genuinely great American movie. It's certainly among the best I've seen so far this year.

Saw this last night. Never imagined I'd be thinking Mo'Nique was amazing and deserves an Oscar for that after watching a movie.

antichrist-poster.jpg

I've always had a love-hate relationship with Lars von Trier movies, and that ambivalency was thrown into sharp relief while watching Antichrist, which is his most provocative, most moving, most ludicrous, most gorgeous, and most maddening film yet. That bastard has made something, that's for sure.

a_serious_man_poster_joel_ethan_coen_michael_stuhlbarg_01.jpg

WOW!!! Have the Coen Bros. NEVER missed a beat?!

I just came back from this and I'm going to dig around on here. I remember seeing a small discussion either in this thread or somewhere else.

But yeah they love to put their lead character through misery.

Edit: Found it! I'm wondering if mpolak, beltmann, & myself all laughed at the same scene? Did it involve a character in a canoe?

Anyways, I like beltmann's point that he made. I wonder if he has any more thoughts on the film. My friends seem to be avoiding these types of films lately. Not sure why? Between this and The Box, I'm pretty upset that I didn't see it with anyone. I can only discuss it on here or read IMDB. :ohwell

41FNzKs9PML.jpg

Probably the best film about skiing ever, though the category is extremely slim. Redford is well suited as the cocky, self-centered American skier rising up the ranks of the international circuit. The film does a good job of capturing the fleeting nature of stardom in the sports world.

moon_poster_sam_rockwell.jpg

Wow, I haven’t watched such a deeply affecting movie in quite awhile. I’m still processing it this morning, and can’t quite shake its existential chill – what a great, unassuming flick. Rockwell gives one of the finest, human, nuanced performances of the year, and I would be shocked (though I shouldn’t be) if is not nominated in the best actor category.

moon_poster_sam_rockwell.jpg

Wow, I haven’t watched such a deeply affecting movie in quite awhile. I’m still processing it this morning, and can’t quite shake its existential chill – what a great, unassuming flick. Rockwell gives one of the finest, human, nuanced performances of the year, and I would be shocked (though I shouldn’t be) if is not nominated in the best actor category.

This was my favorite film of the year (followed closely by Star Trek ;) )

300px-Manhongkongpost.jpg

soul_power_moc_dvd_72dpi-3.jpg

Some really great artists and performances in this documentary.