Whats the deal with ticket sales for the Beacon, NY show?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Staudter at clearwater sent me a message regarding the $45 tix and a seating chart

Rest of tix go on sale Saturday at 10 am on clearwater.org. No seating chart available.

All the best,

Tom

not as clear as I had hoped but hey at least he responded

Tom Staudter at clearwater sent me a message regarding the $45 tix and a seating chart

Rest of tix go on sale Saturday at 10 am on clearwater.org. No seating chart available.

All the best,

Tom

not as clear as I had hoped but hey at least he responded

Yikes..thanks for the update. I hope this page can handle the web traffic. Fingers crossed!!!!! :hmm

That sure looks like a high school auditorium to me. Better would have been the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie.

Not sure if this is the same place as the show but here's a link to photos of the Beacon auditorium.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pb...ctionCat=NEWS02

Thanks for posting that link. I'm sure that's the place. It looks like somewhere Jeff could play, and not nearly as ramshackle as I was picturing (although ramshackle would have been cool with me). :whew

[Reminds me of being in the chorus in in the high school version of Grease. Ah, those su - um -um mer NI - IGTHS!!!!

I took the plunge and paid $150 for the prime seats and a chance to meet JT. I was locked out right at 10, but went back about 10 minutes later and got the seat. I guess the gods were smiling on me.

I called in this morning and got in after about 10 minutes. I bought two $150 dollar seats. The lady said they were front row A112 and A114. I thought I read something about a seating chart floating around, does anyone know if this is true. I am going to NYC from Fort Worth for my honeymoon and I am pumped I was able to get these tickets. Never seen a solo show before, should be great.

Hi all-new to the board. I am so glad I came to visit today and saw this show posted! Just saw Wilco open for Neil back in December at MSG! Just got 2 75 dollar tix, there seemed to be plenty still left on the Clearwater site! Anyway, I live in this area so if anyone has a question feel free to ask me. :shifty

We are going to be driving up from NYC, do you have any idea how long of a car ride that might be? Also are there any places to stay up that way? Thanks for your help.

Beacon is a straight shot north of NYC near Newburgh. Take the NYS Thruway and then it's off I-84. It should be about an hour and a half. I don't know anything about the town other than the fact that there's a great art museum called the Dia Beacon there. It's a well regarded modern art museum. It would make a good full day trip doing both that and the Tweedy show. Who would've thought Beacon would be such a cultural mecca?

Depending on where you are coming from in NYC, the Palisades Parkway may be easier to use than the Thruway since Beacon is off 9D.

Really is a nice little pretty area for a day trip, hopefully it will be a nice warm Spring day!