Greatest B-Sides of all-time

Off the top of my head I gotta go with:

"Rain" - The Beatles

"Needle Hits 'E'" - Sugar

"Bombers" - David Bowie

"Hey, Hey What Can I Say?" - Led Zeppelin

But there are so many more that I know that I won't remember without your help. Probably more than one Smiths song, and a couple of Who things too?

Maybe we can make an Ultimate VC B-Sides comp. after a little while.

The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (B-side of "Honky Tonk Women.")

The Replacements "If Only You Were Lonely" (B-side of "I'm in Trouble.")

The Beatles "Revolution"

Hank Williams "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" (B-side of "My Bucket's Got a Hole in It.")

Gene Vincent "Be-Bop-A-Lula" (B-side of "Woman Love.")

Rod Stewart "Maggie May"

Smiths "How Soon Is Now?"

'Be-Bop-A-Lula' - Gene Vincent (1956)

(from Spinner Magazine)

Capitol's answer to a new RCA property named Elvis, this tough-guy rocker scored his breakout hit on his very first single -- with the B-side. The A-side, 'Woman Love,' was deemed too suggestive for radio play, but DJs flipped for the flip. So familiar-sounding that when Gladys Presley first heard it, she called her son to congratulate him.

:lol

The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (B-side of "Honky Tonk Women.")

This was my first thought.

How about Sunny South Kensington (b-side of Mellow Yellow)?

Did Radiohead actually put out 45s? (I know they didn't put out 78s....)

LouieB

If I had an indie band, I would put out wax cylinders.

"U" and "Leatherman"- Pearl Jam

"Fly Into Ashes," "Why Did You Land?," "Isolation Drills," "Deaf Ears," "Tropical Robots," "Color of my Blade"- Guided by Voices

Why did you Land is such a powerhouse and I guess never released other than on the Official Ironman Rally Song single until the hardcore ufos box set came out in 2003?

incredible song

The Replacements "If Only You Were Lonely" (B-side of "I'm in Trouble.")

The Beatles "Revolution"

Hank Williams "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" (B-side of "My Bucket's Got a Hole in It.")

Gene Vincent "Be-Bop-A-Lula" (B-side of "Woman Love.")

Rod Stewart "Maggie May"

Smiths "How Soon Is Now?"

Great choices. "If Only You Were Lonely" is such a killer track. It sounds so unlike everything the Replacements were releasing at that time.

I didn't really think there was such a thing as a "B side" after sometime in the 70's. Now does a "Cassingle" count?

Well 1980s at least....

Sure bands still put out 7 inchers as a one off type of thing without expecting to get radio play, but someone other then me is going to have to tell me if any of these Radiohead singles yielded any of the so called b sides. I don't have time to figure this out at the moment.

LouieB