Now Playing February 2009

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41k2CNcbG+L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
I have never heard this. Always been going to check it out. Is it worth checking out?

Yeah it's great. I just got it (i.e. downloaded it, it's way outta print) a few days ago. I am slowly building my Elephant 6 collection and expanding my pallet.

There's just so much E6 stuff to hear and so little time. I'm going to see the Music Tapes next Friday, so I am in an E6 mood.

NP:

0b0a124128a04d34a72a8010.L._AA240_.jpg

keep meaning to check out tommy keene's new one...worth my time?

I got interrupted earlier during my first listen through so I can't give a fair assessment of this yet. The first 2 songs seemed to be typical well crafted Keene guitar pop, so this has potential...

I have also been enjoying this quite a bit. Dude that was Page France, right? Something like that.

Yup. Granted, I've only listened to the Cotton Jones album once, but my initial impression is that I like Page France a lot better. I'll have to spend some more time with it.

Middle_cyclone_album_cover.jpg

I've got the NPR stream of this playing right now. It's way to early to judge (and I'm still buying this Tuesday), but I'm not latching on to any song just yet. (It doesn't help that I can't see the titles.)

511BWAernFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Good god this is beautiful.

Why is there so much great music this year? I swear I've listened to 60+ '09 albums already (many of them pretty good to amazing). Now admittedly some of them *ahem* haven't been released yet, but it's not even March!!!!

only heard a few albums from '09 but that album is high up. mama's eyes & someday i'll be forgiven are just killer songs. i'm a sucker for a great heartbreakin' country song.

speaking of which:

np - john prine - diamonds in the rough