Now Playing February 2009

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded Paul Weller's version of "I walk on Guilded Splinters" after hearing it at the end of season 4 of The Wire. Great song.

Have you ever heard Humble Pie's version of that from "Live at the Fillmore"? 25 minutes long - really great jamming by Frampton (no kidding).

Have you ever heard Humble Pie's version of that from "Live at the Fillmore"? 25 minutes long - really great jamming by Frampton (no kidding).

Funny you mentioned that, I did download that one after I got the Weller one to see what it sounded like as it came up in my search. Some serious guitar on that track. I always thought Frampton was under rated as a guitarist.

Just grabbed the YYYs tonight, haven't listened yet. I love the PR on the new TBLLT:

"Everyone's favorite 'nursery school on crack' (a musical genre with admittedly few members) outfit, The Boy Least Likely To, are ready to release their follow-up album to the hit 2005 debut, The Best Party Ever. That album's track "Apple Wagon" was one of the catchiest songs of 2005, and in our scary times we could probably use some more sweet vocals matched with happy little melodies tinged with the sound of xylophones and kazoos."

Really liking it.

EDIT: damn, that was 2005?!?