Now Playing February 2009

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a better all around record, yes. that said, there's not a song i like as much as Razor Town, The Magician, or Dress Blues

I'd agree with this, though I think "Cigarettes & Wine" and "No Choice in the Matter" are pretty strong contenders.

Now playing:

andrew-bird-armchair-apocrypha.jpg

bonnie_prince_billy-beware-cover_art.jpg

I just heard "You are listening to a promotional copy of Beware by Bonnie Prince Billy" in a Scottish accent.

What is this? This is a great CD. One of the best of last year. Ben Lee?

It is this:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logID=301150068

Sunday, August 19, 2007 spacer.gif WHY I COVERED THE ENTIRE "AGAINST ME!" ALBUM "NEW WAVE" A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the new "Against Me!" album "New Wave". I didnt really know too much about this band but had been reading lots of good things about it, and my friend Tegan sings on it. I like to keep myself up to date with whats going on musically in the world, so I checked it out. I fell in love with the album. Really. Like, couldn't stop listening to it. As heavy and gnarly as it sounds at times, it is unmistakably a pop masterpiece. Listening to it on the way to Australia, I wondered to myself how these songs would sound acoustically.

A couple of days later I was on a flight from Sydney to Melbourne and had the thought "I'd love to cover this album." The whole thing. Beginning to end. So I did.

Anyway, here are the results. If you already know the original album, I hope these recordings shed a different light on it. If you don't know "Against Me!" and like what you hear, go check them out.

Nic Johns is the unspoken hero of this tale. He recorded, produced and mixed it and basically made my dream a reality. Hats off to him.

Hope you guys dig it.

Enjoy!

Ben

1. New Wave

2. Up The Cuts

3. Thrash Unreal

4. White People For Peace

5. Stop!

6. Borne On The FM Waves Of The Heart

7. P**s And Vinegar

8. Americans Abroad

9. Animal

10. The Ocean

There is a download link if you follow the Myspace Blog entry. Love both Ben Lee and Against Me, so the loss of Tegan on Borne on the FM Waves is ok.

It is this:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logID=301150068

There is a download link if you follow the Myspace Blog entry. Love both Ben Lee and Against Me, so the loss of Tegan on Borne on the FM Waves is ok.

Wow, I thought it was a joke or something at first. That album really is a pop masterpiece so I could see someone covering it. I just saw them in concert last year, I may have been the oldest person in the room (40) but they were amazing. Have to check out this Ben Lee version for sure.

Thanks so much!

Sunshine Daydream (hampton 3/27/88)!!!!!

Only ever version of Dylan's "Thin Man"! :dancing