Now Playing February 2009

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Gary & Mark record took a few months to grow on me honestly.

had a copy of the original Hacktone promo last fall and while i liked it, wasn't loving it. i put it away until early last month when the New West release was coming out, and i love it quite a bit now. much MUCH better than Gary's solo album, no doubt. is it on par w/ the Jayhawks best stuff? a few songs yeah, but on the whole no... it's not really that comparable either tho.

Not like my favorite Jayhawks records, but I'm enjoying it in the background while I work for sure....

Yeah, that's kind of my take on it right now. We'll see if it's a grower.

Heh, the record just finished and my iTunes segued into "Juicy" by Biggie. Bit jarring. :P

And if ya don't know, now ya know...

51XzznHbQ2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61pPhaPMTIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I got this yesterday and have listened to it a couple times so far. I of course have heard of them and heard some Beastie Boys songs over the last 20 or so years, but have never bought (or thought about buying) one of their albums. After seeing the posts here I gave into the peer pressure :) and got the disc. While I don't think I'll be jumping all the way into the hip hop/rock or whatever genre this gets put into I do think it's a pretty cool disc - even if I got there 20 years late.

first single and title cut off the new Thermals album 'Now We Can See' on repeat:

http://krs5rc.com/krs/bands/thermals/audio/NowWeCanSee.mp3

god i adore Hutch's voice... and damn they can write a catchy hook

I bought their first LP when it was released and then Fuckin' A, but didn't pick up anything else. I got a copy of their last album about a month or so ago and was blown away. They just slipped out of my musical conscience.

NP:

5119JJQ8R2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

g64732ywknd.jpge268563re2p.jpg

k64900fxmrt.jpgf55103l1y2q.jpg

Sylvain Sylvain & The Criminals - Bowery Butterflies

Self - Gizmodgery

King Khan & The Shrines - What Is?!

Gram Parsons - GP/Grievious Angel

After years of rumours My Bloody Valentine, the seminal indie swirling guitar legends of the late '80s, are back! 2008 will see the band re-unite for the first time in almost 20 years with a sold out UK Tour and several international festival dates already confirmed. The original line up of shoegazing legends, with their awe inspiring mix of feedback guitar and indistinct lyrics, have influenced countless bands since and are now rumoured to be back in the studio working on new material. Anticipation from fans and media is riding high at the moment and tie in with this, SonyBMG will be releasing re-mastered versions of their celebrated two studio albums "Isn't Anything" and "Loveless" repackaged in to digipacks. Both albums have been re-mastered by front man Kevin Shields resulting in a significantly enhanced listening experience. Additionally, a second version of the bands most successful album "Loveless" has been included which has been mastered from the original analogue tapes and never before released. A must for any fan ! Both albums will also be available as single sleeve vinyl editions.

To go along with my "now playing" of Loveless.

61JCM4ZDNFL._SL500_AA240_.gif

Luna - Bewitched