Now Playing February 2009

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. Pretty good, but maybe not as good as his older stuff. His live show is still leagues above his records.

yup.

i love the new one, even w/ the larger production. but you're right, not my favorite of his.

147275.fuckbook_0.jpg

Yo La Tengo garage recordings of a bunch of awesome covers = WINNER

their cover of The Troggs 'With A Girl Like You' (one of my fave songs ever) is so rad :music

i swear this is just a 2 channel live recording...

I need a full accounting, I'm going to see him in April.

Well, it was a short, but sweet show - it was an in-store taping for a local radio station. He and another dude played about 6-7 songs acoustic. It was great, I just wished it was longer. Mainly stuff from the new record.

I fully admit I am not all that familiar with his solo records even though I have them. From what I remember he played Cigarettes and Wine, & Streetlights. He also covered a song (Will Johnson? I dunno).

300x300.jpg

How is that one? I only have Why Do Lonely Men And Women Want to Break Eachother's Hearts, which I think is easily one of the best pure country records of the last 10 years or so.

Well, it was a short, but sweet show - it was an in-store taping for a local radio station. He and another dude played about 6-7 songs acoustic. It was great, I just wished it was longer. Mainly stuff from the new record.

I fully admit I am not all that familiar with his solo records even though I have them. From what I remember he played Cigarettes and Wine, & Streetlights. He also covered a song (Will Johnson? I dunno).

Very cool. Streetlights and Cigarettes and wine are great songs.

41PYD9NMJ6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg61RWH06QN6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51THF2ARNYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41YDAEDW1HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Guided By Voices - Isolation Drills

Arcade Fire - Funeral

The Format - Dog Problems

Various artists - Paisley Pop: Pye Psych & Other Colours (1966-1969)