Jeff Tweedy February 7, 2009 - Letters To Santa Living Room Show

Wow what a weekend. So many highlights on a musical and personal level.

Thanks to Edie and family for the great party on Friday and a chance to meet so many of you for the first time before the main event. :thumbup

To Morgan and family for opening up there home and providing a bounty of food and drink for all of us. :worship

To the Tweedy's for donating their time and talent to a worthy cause and providing memories that will always be cherished. :rock

To our gang at the hotel, Molly Wendy Russ Heather and Sarah it was so much fun hanging this weekend lets hope we can do it again somewhere further down the road. :cheers

One last shout out to Wendy for all she did to make it all happen and to my pal Molly for sharing another musical adventure with me. :cheekkiss

And yes the show was as good as the setlist looks.

Rick

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:whew I'm wondering which guitar I carried in? I'll just pretend it was the prewar Martin. :stunned

It was a Breedlove case that broke, though, I remember Jeff saying that much.

When Jeff finished setting up his guitars in the stands on our "stage" in front of the fireplace, he looked at them with a discerning eye, and at the last minute switched one with another, and then asked us how they looked ... he had lined them up according to wood color, light to dark. ;)

When Jeff finished setting up his guitars in the stands on our "stage" in front of the fireplace, he looked at them with a discerning eye, and at the last minute switched one with another, and then asked us how they looked ... he had lined them up according to wood color, light to dark. ;)

:wub

:whew I'm wondering which guitar I carried in? I'll just pretend it was the prewar Martin. :stunned

It was a Breedlove case that broke, though, I remember Jeff saying that much.

You helped carry in his guitars? :omg :worship

I'ts a pre-war Martin. A 000-18, I think. I have a picture of Bob Goins (the instructor from the Wilco Ensemble) sniffing it.

Is that same one I remember from two years ago? That was a very cool guitar! And watching Bob and Jeff talk guitars and compare their beat up teles was classic too. Can't wait for this year! Passenger, care to add some pedal steel to our rendition of Let's Fight for the upcoming living room show?

Something like this?

guitar_trio.jpg

Beautiful pic Charles :thumbup

I am about to head out of town for the weekend and have been trying to get my photos edited and uploaded before I leave...just finally got them up, but the color/editing is all bizarre looking and I don't have time to fix it :hmm Anyway, sorry for that, will have to go back and re-edit, but these will do for now. Here are a few:

473004829_4Pzor-M.jpg

jeff's shoes were way awesome

473007058_rQsCH-M.jpg

new guitar :D

473007421_Au3K9-M.jpg

Erin played violin on Hummingbird and Jesus Etc.

473007132_dcwCt-M.jpg

473007643_vKUGe-M.jpg

The rest of the photos are here!

Something like this?

Well, he must have moved them from the 1-2-3 light to dark (or dark to light, now I can't recall) after he asked what we thought of them! :lol That's pretty funny.

Oh, and now that I see Morgan's photos, he definitely moved them to put the palest Breedlove in the center. :lol

Nice pix everybody!

These pictures are breathtaking.

Charles -- yours always seem just otherworldly.... this is why I took maybe 5 pictures and won't even bother posting them!!

And Kevin - hahaha Jeff had a laugh over that -- yet again. It's the gift that keeps on giving!!

Wow wow wow....What nice memories you all are stirring up. All week long amazing memories have been popping into my mind. It is such an honor to have spent those fabulous few days with all of you. Everyone's kindness and spirit is still resonating for me. Jeff and Sue certainly have set a wonderful example for compasion and giving. It is such a beautiful experience to be with music geeks doing great work. Giving money to a great cause and enjoying such a special musical event. As for the Gliers,Wendy and Edie words fail me. Your genorousity is astonding...what a gift. So, when are we having "The Class of Morgan's House Reunion Wilco Show"? Hope we can all get together soon for another musical adventure. :dancing

Do Not Postpone Happiness :D

Molly

Last weekend is one for the memory books indeed, and I thank all of you for that!

What a great group of people to have experienced this event with.

I send my thanks to Morgan and her parents for inviting us into their home, not to mention all the goodies to keep our tummies full, to Edie for getting us together on Friday night to meet everyone, and to Wendy for keeping it all organized

• 1 month later...

So many sweet familiar faces. I have enjoyed reading all the posts and looking at the spectacular pics. I wish we could have been there! Sounds like a wonderful time. (I know it was)

I have a million things I'd like to know and questions I'd like to ask. I actually can't believe this thread slipped past me. But I

Guest Jules
AND which one of you in the pictures is Jules? :brow

Other than my head in the back of the room, I somehow avoided all of Morgan's photos. You'll just have to wait.

Other than my head in the back of the room, I somehow avoided all of Morgan's photos. You'll just have to wait.

I thought that your image doesn't show up on film?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...