The Michael Jackson Auction

In April, an auction by Julien's Auctions at the Beverley Hills Hilton will provide an unprecedented look into the private world of Michael Jackson. Observer Music Monthly has obtained this world exclusive preview of some of the items going under the hammer

Catalog

Boy would I love to have Edward's Scissorhands.

I wonder if the story about him suffering from MRSA/flesh eating bacteria is true.

He is a truly sad and tragic figure. No matter how much money you have...you can't escape your demons.

8-year olds, Dude.

Demons are demons.

This is my 'hate the sin not the sinner' motif.

Despicable as he may be, I can only imagine the hell that his life actually is. Empyt, Loveless, tormented...his narcissism has led him to destroy his face and destroy the lives (allegedly) of young boys.

Demons are demons.

This is my 'hate the sin not the sinner' motif.

Despicable as he may be, I can only imagine the hell that his life actually is. Empyt, Loveless, tormented...his narcissism has led him to destroy his face and destroy the lives (allegedly) of young boys.

There are demons, and then there are demons (assuming here that he is guilty), and some are simply more despicable than others.

That

Those prices are pretty low. Do auction 'guide prices' usually start lower than the item's worth/expected take?

Either way, I imagine these will all be Jeff Koons' when the auction is over.

Usually the "estimate" is there as a guide -- actual selling price can be hugely different. There can also be hidden reserves (floor) that the seller won't sell the item less than a specific price, generally under the low end of the estimate. And best yet, the auction gets a % from both the buyer and seller....

My sister was in the auction biz here in chicago :)

• 2 months later...