New Beatles Leaked!!!

I don't know why? I'm currently listening to it a second time as I type this.....It is an mp3 so I thought it would play for everyone.....I'm playing it through windows media player.....

For some reason, the link you gave tells me it's forbidden, but when I went straight here:

http://www.twelvemajorchords.com/

I found the link and it worked.

Thanks,

Pete

Hear it on hypem.com. to my ears it's just No. 1 with a bunch of studio tricks added on, which is fine, but not that exciting, even if it is authentic. They had those tricks on Pepper, too.

Of course, I was never a big fan of No. 9.

Now, gimme the forgotten take of You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)!

I listened to this last night (twice) and again this morning (twice).

It is like something entirely new. So amazing. I love it love it loveit loveitloveitloveitloveit!!!!

Not every day you get a new Beatles track.

:wub

it doesn't sound like a "mash up" at all. the first part has a mellotron (a string/violin sound) that i'm pretty sure isn't in the mono version, and also (although i could be wrong cos i haven't checked closely) there is no euphonium bass line, which you get on the official take. and there are probably a million other things that i can't think about now. but, what i'm saying is, "i don't think so"

Pretty interesting. I'm still a little concerned about the "mash-up" allegations, but regardless it's good stuff. I mean that in a "dude's got to have balls to reconstruct all of it" kind of way.

Not to be combatitive, but this is SO obviously not a mashup in the terms described previously.

Not to be combatitive, but this is SO obviously not a mashup in the terms described previously.

I agree, no way this is a mashup. If you listen very closely you can hear Yoko a few times come in on the chorus. You can hear her throughout the song. That makes it real for me. On a polished mastered recording they would of pulled those vocal bits out of the track. But since this was a quick recording from the session all that stayed.

I agree, no way this is a mashup. If you listen very closely you can hear Yoko a few times come in on the chorus. You can hear her throughout the song. That makes it real for me. On a polished mastered recording they would of pulled those vocal bits out of the track. But since this was a quick recording from the session all that stayed.

But it obviously isn't a "quick recording from the session". There are a TON of overdubs so this either is some mash-up, or the band played with this a lot and just choose not to release it.

But it obviously isn't a "quick recording from the session". There are a TON of overdubs so this either is some mash-up, or the band played with this a lot and just choose not to release it.

I think the story indicates as much.

i never saw the point of that one... maybe george martin needed some money!

did macca and thomas the tank engine have any input in it at all?

On it's own, pretty weak. But it fit quite nicely in the Cirque de Solei show which I think was the point.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if people ever figured any more out about this track but. Here is an excerpt from a John Lennon interview with Tariq Ali, I think he clearly mentions the recording we now have a hold of.

TA: In a way you were even thinking about politics when you seemed to be knocking revolution?

JL: Ah, sure, 'Revolution' . There were two versions of that song but the underground left only picked up on the one that said 'count me out'. The original version which ends up on the LP said 'count me in' too; I put in both because I wasn't sure. There was a third version that was just abstract, musique concrete, kind of loops and that, people screaming. I thought I was painting in sound a picture of revolution--but I made a mistake, you know. The mistake was that it was anti-revolution.

On the version released as a single I said 'when you talk about destruction you can count me out'. I didn't want to get killed. I didn't really know that much about the Maoists, but I just knew that they seemed to be so few and yet they painted themselves green and stood in front of the police waiting to get picked off. I just thought it was unsubtle, you know. I thought the original Communist revolutionaries coordinated themselves a bit better and didn't go around shouting about it. That was how I felt--I was really asking a question. As someone from the working class I was always interested in Russia and China and everything that related to the working class, even though I was playing the capitalist game.

http://www.counterpunch.org/lennon12082005.html

great interview by the way.