• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP Dickie Betts

Yeah -- made 80. Good on 'em. That last decade has not been great for him - health wise.    Was such a great, great player with a beautiful tone. Songwriting skills were there, too.

Posted Images

Just to bring this thread up to date.  4 more Beacon dates, March 25, 26, 28, 29. The 25th or 26th is the 45th anniversary of the ABB, I'm getting conflicting information about which is supposed to be the commemoration.  

I was just able to get 1 excellent ticket for the last night, 1st row of the lower balcony.  

Just to bring this thread up to date.  4 more Beacon dates, March 25, 26, 28, 29. The 25th or 26th is the 45th anniversary of the ABB, I'm getting conflicting information about which is supposed to be the commemoration.  

I was just able to get 1 excellent ticket for the last night, 1st row of the lower balcony.  

I thought the announcement was that the 25th was the "anniversary" show.  I got tix for that night.

I thought the announcement was that the 25th was the "anniversary" show.  I got tix for that night.

I thought so too, according to Jambase.  There's conflicting information on the ABB forums, though.  I figured I would just play it safe and get the final night.

I can't get the article to open - but I just saw a post on FB from Relix stating that Greg says they are done after this year.

Yeah. Something like 19 shows left. This saddens me. I guess I should be grateful for all the good times I've had. I just wanted MORE, ya know?

I wonder what the deal is with their management? It seems odd to me - two band members releasing statements about leaving, and Greg talking about the bass player leaving, and then down the road stating they are done.

The new '92 Beacon release is streaming here.  I'm just through Statesboro, a song that I've grown infinitely tired of over the years, but I must say, it sounds great!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/02/11/allman-brothers-band-beacon-1992-live-album-premiere/5293555/

With a few exceptions, the entire set is almost a greatest hits compilation. But while the choices may be tired, they sure are classic. You can't beat the intro to Statesboro Blues. What a great opener.

• 2 weeks later...

Got good news Re : ABB Summer Tour 

There is going to be a victory lap shed tour this summer.

I was at a local Cambridge gig and ran into a friend he lives next door to ABB's Road Mngr.

He told me not to worry its On !!

Got good news Re : ABB Summer Tour 

There is going to be a victory lap shed tour this summer.

I was at a local Cambridge gig and ran into a friend he lives next door to ABB's Road Mngr.

He told me not to worry its On !!

Good news, figured as much since they're playing Lockin (and I'm going), but good to hear.  Info must have come from Bert Holman, their manager, lives in Newton.

• 2 weeks later...

allman9n-4-web.jpg

Someone gave me a copy of this and while I'm not the biggest ABB fan I read it over the past few days.  It was pretty good.  I'd say my interest in the book tracked my interest in the band:  I found the early stuff with Duane pretty fascinating and then it became less interesting to me.  The drugs and the infighting and the crappy albums and the personnel changes ...

Anyone want a copy?  I won't read it again and I'm happy to send it to the first person to drop me a note.