Candy Floss-- plays pretty often

Venus Stop the Train -- doubt you'll hear it soon

Panthers -- doubt you'll hear it soon

Leave Me Like You Found Me -- I think they have only played this once or twice

Just A Kid -- played at residency and afterwards

Crack a Smile -- doubt you'll hear it soon

Diamond Claw -- doubt you'll hear it soon

Hummingbird (the Wilco Book version) -- doubt you'll hear it soon

Not to mention, Jeff did say they were playing a lot of requests off the website so you have to appreciate that.

My first concert, I *loaded* the requests. I mean to the point where I figured out how many votes it took to move a song from 6th to 4th on the list -- I know anal. But Jeff (whether because of the requests or because he intended to play them anyway) played seven of the 10 and followed with the other 3 at the next concert. I can't tell you how special and privileged to have someone make those sort of allowances for a fan(s). From now on, Jeff, play what you want!

My first concert, I *loaded* the requests. I mean to the point where I figured out how many votes it took to move a song from 6th to 4th on the list -- I know anal. But Jeff (whether because of the requests or because he intended to play them anyway) played seven of the 10 and followed with the other 3 at the next concert. I can't tell you how special and privileged to have someone make those sort of allowances for a fan(s). From now on, Jeff, play what you want!

Jen - Didn't you do something like that for "Dreamer In My Dreams" for the Charleston show? Although they didn't play it.. But I did see it at the end of the set list.. I guess just in case they were feeling saucy enough to play it. :lol

Jen - Didn't you do something like that for "Dreamer In My Dreams" for the Charleston show? Although they didn't play it.. But I did see it at the end of the set list.. I guess just in case they were feeling saucy enough to play it. :lol

Yeah, I did. I sorta mentioned it to Jeff on Saturday and he just said "hmmmm". :lol I do wonder why they don't play it much. Of course, it does have a fiddle but I would think Pat (or Mikeal) could tear up the piano parts.

i'm definitely curious to see how the sets look once the new material filters in. i always try to catch 2 or 3 shows a tour, with the hopes of hearing varied set lists each night, with many songs i've never heard, and hearing the new album at the time played in its entirety over a few shows. it never reeeeally happened, i'd get a few surprises each show but it was taking a while to 'collect' all my favorites. so when they announced the residency it was pretty much a dream come true, and a totally unique experience. those were legendary shows and it was so awesome to be relaxed and not worry about not hearing 'shake it off' or 'summerteeth' or 'radio cure' becuz i KNEW they would (though i had to wait for night 4 for all of those :P) .. but now, i doubt i'll be as adamant about seeing a huge run of shows (which is good, cuz they didn't announce any near me! ha!) and am really only truly excited about hearing the songs off the new record. hopefully the set lists are filled w/ new tunes once the record is out!

Like all of you I love Wilco. So much so that I asked my girlfriend to marry me in the second row at the Asheville show on Tuesday night. She too is a huge Wilco fan. We both loved the setlist from the show, however, we are both surprised by the apparent adoration of Candyfloss. Everyone has their favorites and their not so favorites. I am moved to tears and or smiles by 99% of the Wilco catalog. But Candyfloss........This may be heresy, but Candyfloss is simply a bad song. Have we lost our minds or are their others that wish Jeff got his way and this track was left off Summerteeth.

First, one quip which hasn't been mentioned is the Walken/ITMWLY set closer, either first set or first encore. I think it's got to be about 2 years straight where they play those songs successively (I'm looking at Residency set lists as well and it's the same). Sure, they are fun rockers but when I hear those first notes of Walken I can always know that the set is about to end, anyone else a bit annoyed?

Second, I noticed after making a request the other day that some of the most requested songs are IG, Jesus, Hummingbird and other songs that are just about locks to make the set regardless. I guess I just figure that anyone who has the knowledge to make a request also has the knowledge of typical sets. Am I wrong in that assumption?

But like always I will be a happy camper even when seeing the boys on Sat. at Jazz fest even though I'm pretty sure it will be a fairly standard set list.

First, one quip which hasn't been mentioned is the Walken/ITMWLY set closer, either first set or first encore. I think it's got to be about 2 years straight where they play those songs successively (I'm looking at Residency set lists as well and it's the same). Sure, they are fun rockers but when I hear those first notes of Walken I can always know that the set is about to end, anyone else a bit annoyed?

Second, I noticed after making a request the other day that some of the most requested songs are IG, Jesus, Hummingbird and other songs that are just about locks to make the set regardless. I guess I just figure that anyone who has the knowledge to make a request also has the knowledge of typical sets. Am I wrong in that assumption?

But like always I will be a happy camper even when seeing the boys on Sat. at Jazz fest even though I'm pretty sure it will be a fairly standard set list.

If the songs that they're most likely to play show up as the most requested song, it would appear Jeff knows his audience pretty well. I would agree with your assumption, but the fact that a request service is open to anyone throws protocol out the window.

Wilco definitely has a "typical festival setlist" and a "typical indoor venue setlist." But the same people who know what to request also know that, so I'm preaching to the choir.

Guest Jules
Just as a test, I'd love for one city to jam the voting boxes with Diamond Claw or Panthers or Joe Dimaggio's Done it Again or Unwelcomed Guest....

None of these are even options. Betcha Jeff doesn't even remember writing Diamond Claw.

This may be heresy, but Candyfloss is simply a bad song. Have we lost our minds or are their others that wish Jeff got his way and this track was left off Summerteeth.

Bad song or not, its considered a rare gem and I think those are always cool to hear live..

And plus, I actually like the song a lot.. It sounds almost like a 60's surf rock song, but not quite.. Its unique. :)

I had the same thoughts about the setlists and was hesitant to start a thread. I'll preface the rest of the comments with the fact that Phish and the Dead are two of my favorite bands.

Wilco really needs to shake things up setlist wise. I thought the residency would open up a lot of new possibilities, but it didnt happen. Although I enjoy the songs they play 1/2 of the same setlist every night. Its not like they cant vary it up more. I know a lot of people who see Wilco arent as zelous as we are on here and with that understanding you have to play the "hits" to please the crowd. If thats the case why not say ok you'll still hear Jesus Etc, ITMWLY, Spiders, Hummingbird, and Heavy Metal drummer, but you might not hear IATTBYH, shot in the arm, etc.

Im surprised they dont get bored of these.

Also you can pretty much pencil in the encore and setcloser each night. Shake it up boys.

As far as song variety, they do have a decent sized catalog and a new album will only help things. I understand that with a new album you're going to hear a lot of repetition as the songs will be new for everybody. I also agree with Jeff's expressed feelings of certain rareties when he made fun of a lot of the requests at the Chicago solo show this year. Some obscure B sides are obscure B sides for a reason That being said there are still a lot of great songs listed in this thread that rarely see the light of day.

and btw...Candyfloss was my personal highlight of the first night of residency

Nope, you're the only ones. Thank God you're getting married! :lol

(and congrats!!!!)

no they're not i got yelled at a few years back from complaining when a board member requested it at one of the kicking television shows.

Thank you for the congrats on the engagement. Apparently I am the minority leader when it comes to the Candyfloss issue. They played the song all week it seems. I am all for rare gems, but I wouldn't mind hearing some Dash 7, That's Not the Issue, or even Was I In Your Dreams. As far as the internet requests, I agree that one should not waste picks on Jesus Etc, IG, and IATTBYH. However, we may all want the rare gems, but watch those same folks pull out their hair and begin to rock incessantly when they leave a Wilco show without hearing Jesus Etc or Heavy Metal Drummer. Personally, I think the first lines of Let's Not Get Carried Away makes it the hope diamond of Wilco setlists.

• 3 weeks later...