Warren sang it at the 5.4.09 Rosemont show. I guess I shouldn't assume he sang it last night too, though.

Ah, didn't know Warren was doing it. You're probably correct, then. I just knew that Bob covers it with Ratdog so assumed, as well.....

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, didn't know Warren was doing it. You're probably correct, then. I just knew that Bob covers it with Ratdog so assumed, as well.....

Lammycat, did you make into the Denver show? I'm just curious.

Lammycat, did you make into the Denver show? I'm just curious.

No I did not. I tried like a Dickensian scamp, though! I ended up with three tix and still couldn't get past angry ticket-taker lady.

No I did not. I tried like a Dickensian scamp, though! I ended up with three tix and still couldn't get past angry ticket-taker lady.

Damn those angry ticket-taker ladies!!!!!! :angry

Wha-what?!

Some 'splainin' is in order........

Listened to the new Rhino release today. May 28, 77 if I'm not mistaken. Hartford CT. They call it To Terrapin. Very nice.

i've been listening to this show a lot since it came out. love that version of Bertha and Jack Straw.

btw, looks like gdradio.net is streaming shows from the current Dead tour right now if anyone's interested.

Hey Aman, are you gonna be around for the broacast tonight? Just curious.

I thought the stream for tonight started much easrlier due to DB and ABB. Hmmm.... maybe they're just streaming the Dead part?

Also, link? Or is it satellite radio or something like that?

Listening to the stream of 4-24-09 "Easy Wind" -> "Death Don't..." right now on gdradio....

I think the show starts at 3:30 PST, so that's not a lot of time for the two opening bands. And yes, I think only the Dead is being broadcast.

i don't get out of work until 11:15 PM! if you guys are still up at midnight, i'll be there! at least i'll get to catch the encore.

If NC is North Carolina, you'll hear more than just the encore...

edit: But I assume you knew that already.

I will definitely be here by the second set. I've got pick up some flowers when i get out of work then I'm running home. Should be only by 11:00 central.

Don't Forget The Flowers

I mean really how could you forget the begonias :shifty :shifty

This morning I listened to the 1st set of the 5.9.09 Forum Show.

(Set 1)

Viola Lee Blues

Bertha

Viola Lee Blues

Caution

Viola Lee Blues

Black Peter

Cosmic Charlie

http://www.archive.org/details/dead2009-05-09.akg460.flac16

Very well played and pretty smoking. I haven't heard enough of the tour to say it the best overall set of the tour, but it's the best I heard thus far.

Oh man. I LOVES me some Viola Lee! So much that I named my first basset Viola Lee. :thumbup

This morning I listened to the 1st set of the 5.9.09 Forum Show.

http://www.archive.org/details/dead2009-05-09.akg460.flac16

Very well played and pretty smoking. I haven't heard enough of the tour to say it the best overall set of the tour, but it's the best I heard thus far.

Yeah, very nice set. Love the Bertha right in the thick of it, too!

This MSG 2nd set streaming now:

Drums>

Cryptical Envelopment>

Other One

Born Cross Eyed>

St Stephen

The Eleven

Uncle John's Band

Unbroken Chain

Gimme Shelter>

One More Saturday Night

Both look like Phil-inspired set lists....

Both look like Phil-inspired set lists....

Definitely looks like it.

Does anyone know if the previous times they all toured together after Garcia died, if they always did the set list like this; a different band member comes up with one each night? I like the concept.