• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHIT! This has to be the longest ongoing conversation on VC.

Yeah. It probably accounts for 25% of my posts. I REALLY should get a life. :rolleyes

Although I don't post here much, I check this thread religiously.

I appreciate you guys, man!

its amazing how fast these threads fill up, still they never cease to amaze me. i pledge to listen to more 80's- 90's shows while this thread is around.

oh, and Analogman, you forgot to write "1st!!!!" on your first post, lol.

Gee - the price sure did jump:

The Deadhead's Taping Compendium, Volume III: an in-depth guide

by Michael Getz (Author), John Dwork (Author)

Out of Print--Limited Availability

3 used & new from $315.97

The price on the second volume is even more than the third volume.

The price on the first one went way down.

Well, lets toss some good 'ol New Riders of the Purple Sage in this here thread.

First, I'll blame Jon Graboff and the last 4 years-ish of chasing The MF Cardinals around the states

for getting me back into the pedal steel sound. It seems a "sound" my ears, mind and feet crave

lately. I've been grabbing old shows (Garcia on the PS) off the archive.org and have grabbed some

new shows on bt etree lately. The local left of the dial station up here has been playing some tracks

off the upcoming new release. What I have heard off it excites me.

I do wish John Dawson would come out of retirement but the current line-up does sound great. Buddy Cage

still has me tapping my feet. Good to see Robert Hunter pennng some recent tunes for them. The style

of the NRPS, IMO blends itself well to Hunter's lyrics.

So with all that said, where the hell is the leak?

:blink

I have a signed copy of Vol II as well as a signed copy of DeadBase VIII. I didn't know they were worth anything.

Well, lets toss some good 'ol New Riders of the Purple Sage in this here thread.

First, I'll blame Jon Graboff and the last 4 years-ish of chasing The MF Cardinals around the states

for getting me back into the pedal steel sound. It seems a "sound" my ears, mind and feet crave

lately. I've been grabbing old shows (Garcia on the PS) off the archive.org and have grabbed some

new shows on bt etree lately. The local left of the dial station up here has been playing some tracks

off the upcoming new release. What I have heard off it excites me.

I do wish John Dawson would come out of retirement but the current line-up does sound great. Buddy Cage

still has me tapping my feet. Good to see Robert Hunter pennng some recent tunes for them. The style

of the NRPS, IMO blends itself well to Hunter's lyrics.

So with all that said, where the hell is the leak?

:blink

is there a new album coming out?

is there a new album coming out?

NEW CD IS IN THE CAN AND COMING SOON

The New Riders new studio CD (we still like to call them albums) entitled Where I Come From will be released sometime in May. It features 7 new songs written by David Nelson and Robert Hunter

I don't know if there is an album of new NRPS material coming out, but they do have a new archival release (12/31/77, Winterland, opening for the GD).

I too wish Dawson was in on the NRPS these days - his voice was an integral part of their sound.

NRPS is the band most responsible for turning me onto "alt-country" (although that term wasn't used back then) music. From there I went into old-school 'outlaw' stuff, and never turned back. Thanks, David, John, and Jer especially.

Hey nice job A-Man with all the links and such.

On another note just received my copy of the 2-14-68 (Road Trips). Friggin sweeeeeeet! This is yet another example of Primal Dead, you can just hear the acid dripping through this one. Also got the Hartford 77 set, thats also pretty great. I would highly reccomend both

Hey nice job A-Man with all the links and such.

On another note just received my copy of the 2-14-68 (Road Trips). Friggin sweeeeeeet! This is yet another example of Primal Dead, you can just hear the acid dripping through this one. Also got the Hartford 77 set, thats also pretty great. I would highly reccomend both

I'm going to celebrate this thread by listening to Sept. 20, 1970, acoustic set on the way to work tomorrow

I heard this morning that the Gorge show broadcast will start at 9:30pm (central time).

impossible, no. how? I guess ill catch some of it (get out of work at 9) btw if you still want a copy of the show email me mattmc1986@yahoo.com

A couple years ago I bought Volume 3 off the shelf at a bookstore for half price. Who knew it would turn out to offer the best potential return on investment opportunity for me in the last 5 years?

The other 2 volumes I got off Amazon for good prices too (vol 1 12 bucks, vol 2 25 bucks)

What the hell is happening with the GD data market?

Shoreline 5/14/09-looks like a good one

Set 1:

Jack Straw > US Blues > Mason's Children, Ship of Fools, Friend of the Devil

Standing on the Moon (First 2 Verses) > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin Station > Standing on the Moon

Set 2:

Estimated Prophet > New Potato Caboose > Born Cross Eyed > Dear Mr. Fantasy >

Drumz > Space > Morning Dew > China Cat Sunflower >I Know you Rider

Encore:

Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Deal

Shoreline 5/14/09-looks like a good one

Set 1:

Standing on the Moon (First 2 Verses) > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin Station > Standing on the Moon

That looks interesting. I assuming Warren was on vocals throughout. I heard Warren sing Standing on the Moon in Chicago and as I stated before it did not do much for me (a part of the show that I really missed Jerry's singing), but if you throw a Terrapin in there, it might change my opinion. I know Warren plays Terrapin with Gov't Mule, so hopefully he was singing...