Michael Jackson..RIP

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - he allegedly had an anesthesiologist, who lives in Woodstock, travel with him on his last tour to knock him out every night and wake him up every morning.

man i still can't believe he's dead. i've been watching old michael jackson videos on youtube the last couple days - such an inventive entertainer. The whole skinny tie, black suit, black hat persona - his style is what made it so irresistible to watch, but his kind of fame will never be achieved again. he could easily sell out a venue that holds 10 million people. and his fan devotion is unbelievable - you'd think he was jesus or something to these people. the countless videos of girls crying and collapsing after hugging him... he met so much to so many people, but led such a tortured existence. the press never stopped hounding him and demonizing him - and he was the type of person who wouldn't hurt a fly. poor guy, on the eve of his comeback he dies.

why is it that every time i go to the yahoo page for my email, i see a photo of MJ in full bizarro mode accompanying the latest funeral news? Why can't they use a mug from the "Off The Wall" days, where he looks like a regular guy?

off-the-wall.jpg

why is it that every time i go to the yahoo page for my email, i see a photo of MJ in full bizarro mode accompanying the latest funeral news? Why can't they use a mug from the "Off The Wall" days, where he looks like a regular guy?

off-the-wall.jpg

What fun is that? But the New Yorker did publish a pic from about this time in their tribute to him. The latter day Michael was such a freak it is frankly painful to look at those pictures. He looks so sad and fucked up.

LouieB

"Morphine" Featuring Brad Buxer, Bill Bottrell, & Jon Mooney. Written and Composed by Michael Jackson.

He got flat baby

Kick in the back baby

A heart attack baby

I need your body

A hot kiss honey

He's just a bitch baby

You make me sick baby

So unrelying

I'm such a swine baby

All down the line daddy

I hate your kind baby

So unreliable

A hot buzz baby

He's one of us baby

Another drug baby

You so desire

Trust in me

Trust in me

Put all your trust in me

You're doin' morphine

Hoo!

They got place baby

Kicked in the face baby

You hate your race baby

You're just a liar

Your every lick baby

Your dog's a bitch baby

You make me sick baby

You soul survivor

She never cut from me

She never cut baby

I had to work baby

You just a rival

Always to please daddy

Right up and leave daddy

You're throwing shame daddy

So undesirable

Trust in me

Just in me

Put all your trust in me

You're doin' morphine

Go'on babe

Relax

This won't hurt you

Before I put it in

Close your eyes and count to ten

Don't cry

I won't convert you

There's no need to dismay

Close your eyes and drift away

Demerol

Demerol

Oh God he's taking Demerol

Demerol

Demerol

He's tried

Hard to convince her

To be over what he had

Today he wants it twice as bad

Don't cry

I won't resent you

Yesterday you had his trust

Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol

Demerol

Hee-hee-hee

Demerol

Demerol

Oh my Oh God it's Demerol

Hee

Oooh

Oh!

He got shit baby

Your dog's a bitch baby

You make me sick baby

You are a liar

Is truth a game daddy

To win the fame baby

It's all the same baby

You're so reliable

Trust in me

Trust in me

Put all your trust in me

She's doin' morphine

Hoo!

You just sit around just talkin' nothing

You're takin' morphine

Hoo!

Go'on baby

You just sit around just talking about it

You're takin' morphine

Hoo-hoo!

Just sit around just talking nothing about it

You're takin' morphine

You just sit around just talking about it

You're taking morphine

You just sit around just talkin' nothin'

And takin' morphine

Hoo-hoo

I'm going down baby

You're talkin' Morphine

Go'on baby!

Hoo!

Hoo!

Morphine!

Do it!

Hoo!

He's takin' morphine

Morphine!

Morphine!

That's some crazy lyrics. I wonder how that album sounds now.

It is becoming the summer of Michael. The tune 'Rock With You' has been on an endless loop in my head. And, I hear MJ blaring from cars, pubs or homes every single time I venture outside.

Sad he's dead and all, but it's kind of cool that the music is rising to the top.

I knew it was only a matter of time before my five-year-old daughter learned what a "zombie" is. I just didn't think she would learn it this week from a Michael Jackson video.

I knew it was only a matter of time before my five-year-old daughter learned what a "zombie" is. I just didn't think she would learn it this week from a Michael Jackson video.

I learned about Zombies from a Michael Jackson video when I was five years old ;) I'm doing ok...!

Who knew that Michael Jackson made Magic Johnson a better point guard?

I must have missed that playoff game when he moonwalked down the lane while going behind-the-back to Worthy.

I just hope the madness will finally subdue.

Good thing they paraded that little girl out there.

I don't think the whole family wanted her out there. I think they were divided. If it were my funeral or my wifes and my kid wanted to speak, I believe the surviving spouse would allow the kid to speak. However I'm not Michael jackson and my funeral will not be held in a basketball arena with thousands in attendance and all those stars perfoming.

My initial reaction was that the family did nto want her out there because it was a show, now I think the one's who did nto want her out there were trying to protect her. Though both thoughts are purely speculative.

Before she spoke, the other brother did say "Janet wants to say something"...then it was the little girl.

And regardless of whether or not she was being exploited, you'd really have to be dead inside not to feel the love and sadness of that moment.

Guest Jules

And regardless of whether or not she was being exploited, you'd really have to be dead inside not to feel the love and sadness of that moment.

I agree. I just hope she did it on her own, that's all.

I don't know, I'm going to look like a cold-hearted ass right now, but the clips I saw from that memorial seemed so fake, almost scripted, in an attempt to maximize the emotional impact.

It didn't feel like a real family mourning a lost son. It felt like a bunch of celebrities putting on sad faces for the cameras. Even Paris' little speech didn't seem honest to me. I would wager a large amount that that was not her idea.

And the idea of all these people singing, while the dude's coffin is ten feet away is just very strange to me.

I know what you mean. I was thinking about just that after the show, and I think it comes down to how good a bullshit detector TV is. Saddam Hussein wrapping his arm around the British boy he was holding hostage, Michael Jackson making out with Lisa Marie Presley onstage on MTV - those two stick out as examples of how easy it is to discern a lack of sincerity (sometimes) on TV. And I saw nothing but sincerity from the little girl yesterday - she didn't look up at the family, didn't back off or seem ill at ease. I really think she was there on her own terms.

Guest Jules

I know what you mean. I was thinking about just that after the show, and I think it comes down to how good a bullshit detector TV is. Saddam Hussein wrapping his arm around the British boy he was holding hostage, Michael Jackson making out with Lisa Marie Presley onstage on MTV - those two stick out as examples of how easy it is to discern a lack of sincerity (sometimes) on TV. And I saw nothing but sincerity from the little girl yesterday - she didn't look up at the family, didn't back off or seem ill at ease. I really think she was there on her own terms.

Fair enough.

I don't know, I'm going to look like a cold-hearted ass right now, but the clips I saw from that memorial seemed so fake, almost scripted, in an attempt to maximize the emotional impact.

It didn't feel like a real family mourning a lost son. It felt like a bunch of celebrities putting on sad faces for the cameras. Even Paris' little speech didn't seem honest to me. I would wager a large amount that that was not her idea.

And the idea of all these people singing, while the dude's coffin is ten feet away is just very strange to me.

From the clips I saw, I thought the same thing. It was almost like watching a fake funeral on professional wrestling. I was waiting for Michael to jump out of the casket and clock an unwitting Stevie Wonder over the head with a steel chair.

However, how could you not be self aware of how you are acting when you know billions of people are watching. That is, unless you are truly distraught and feeling the loss, then you wouldn't care how you looked on TV.

Guest Speed Racer

Regardless, she's getting a pretty late start on stage, being a Jackson and all. She has half a chance of turning out sane, if they continue to try to keep her out of the spotlight.

From the clips I saw, I thought the same thing. It was almost like watching a fake funeral on professional wrestling. I was waiting for Michael to jump out of the casket and clock an unwitting Stevie Wonder over the head with a steel chair.

However, how could you not be self aware of how you are acting when you know billions of people are watching. That is, unless you are truly distraught and feeling the loss, then you wouldn't care how you looked on TV.

Alright, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

It just seemed meticulously put together, and having his daughter speak, to me, seemed like a blatant attempt at humanizing Michael. Especially with all the "is he the father" controversy.

And Al Sharpton just pisses me off, so his involvement didn't help.

All told, I just want this MJ shit to be done with. The media attention this has gotten is disturbing, if you ask me.