Michael Jackson..RIP

If anybody was going to try something like this, MJ would be at or near the top of my list. Anyway, it makes for interesting conversation.

I don't think it makes for interesting conversation.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When speaking to people about MJ's death, I have been surprised how many people have suggested that he faked his death. That was my initial cynical reaction, but I have a warped sense of hunor. But when you think about it, it kinda makes sense.

1) With his 50-show run coming up, MJ may have realized that during rehearsals that he didn't have the strength, the moves or the voice to go through with it, which would have been humiliating to a man who once ruled the pop world.

2) Looming financial disaster, bankruptcy.

3) The shadow cast by the child molestation issue.

If anybody was going to try something like this, MJ would be at or near the top of my list. Anyway, it makes for interesting conversation.

I think there was talk of that on some news sites the day he died. Among the many books that will come out within the next few years, I would think at least one of them will be about how is still alive and hiding from the public.

Hypothetically, if he did fake his death, as (let's just say) hype for the upcoming shows/comeback - and he made a grand return and all that, am I crazy to think it would be almost universally accepted as the most brilliant thing ever? I mean, I know for myself, I have listened to a lot of his music since his death, and in addition to garnering a larger appreciation for the stuff I already loved (Jackson 5, Off The Wall, Thriller), I have a new found appreciation for material I used to think was subpar and bloated (Dangerous, Bad, etc). If he 'came back' from the dead, I know I'd be like "Yes! Genius!" But then again, I am crazy.

He was certainly crazy enough to TRY to fake his own death, but that would be harder to hide than the JFK conspiracy, the New World Order conspiracy and the circus peanuts conspiracy combined.

Guest Speed Racer

He was certainly crazy enough to TRY to fake his own death, but that would be harder to hide than the JFK conspiracy, the New World Order conspiracy and the circus peanuts conspiracy combined.

Especially for someone with such an amibivalent feelings toward fame, it seems to me that would be for him like one of us cutting off an arm or leg because we didn't want the tattoo anymore.

the circus peanuts conspiracy

Ha!

I have to think that a "faked his own death" scenario, specifically for the sake of Sir S's hypothetical comeback, would split his most fervent fans into two camps: those who would just be relieved and thrilled that he's still alive, and those who would feel tricked and used. He'd either be a messiah or a top-class asshole.

Especially for someone with such an amibivalent feelings toward fame, it seems to me that would be for him like one of us cutting off an arm or leg because we didn't want the tattoo anymore.

Well he did cut off his nose to spite his face.

I happened to land on the Greta Van Ballbuster Show last night - and they were talking about the autopsy report. It made me think of Howard Hughes.

Michael Jackson's Body Heading Back To Neverland

June 30, 2009 03:56 PM ET

Michael Jackson's body will be driven to his Neverland Valley Ranch in central California as early as Thursday with public viewing being set for later this week, according to media reports on Tuesday.

A motorcade of as many as 30 cars is expected to accompany Jackson's body to his ranch, which is located near the town of Los Olivos, north of Santa Barbara, according to reports by TV network CNN and celebrity website TMZ.com, citing police officials.

Entertainment news website E! News cited a Santa Barbara Sheriff's department spokesman as saying meetings were now taking place with the California Highway Patrol to discuss security for the trip from the Jackson family home in Los Angeles to Neverland Valley.

A spokesman for the Santa Barbara County's sheriff's office was not immediately available to comment, nor were representatives for Jackson's family.

Pop superstar Jackson, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billie Jean" died suddenly of cardiac arrest last Thursday.

Jackson's birthplace of Gary, Indiana, also is planning a memorial service for the deceased singer on July 10, according to a spokeswoman for the Gary mayor's office.

Lalosa Burns, spokeswoman for Gary Mayor Rudy Clay, said the memorial service would take place at US Steel Works sports stadium, and that more details would follow. She did not have any information about the service being planned in California.

I saw this great Enquier cover a long time ago - it was a drawing of Elvis pushing JFK in a wheelchair. They should update it, and stick MJ in the picture.

Well he did cut off his nose to spite his face.

:yay

Maybe they will do him up like Lenin. Did he not do some kind of USSR-themed album cover or poster or something?

Public viewing? Now that's just creepy. Or maybe it's just me since I do have an aversion to dead bodies.

I'd say it might outdo Elvis and Bob Marley - which is saying something. I doubt the state of California could afford the security to cover it.

I think there was talk of that on some news sites the day he died. Among the many books that will come out within the next few years, I would think at least one of them will be about how is still alive and hiding from the public.

Yeah, is Albert Goldman still alive and kickin'? :D

Seriously though - there will probably be more sick-making 'biographies' about this guy than any pop-culture icon who's ever lived. And, the thing to me is, why? I'd readily admit that MJ's music is not my thing (at all) but the public's (and the media's) infatuation with this story just leaves me dumbstruck.

Public viewing? Now that's just creepy. Or maybe it's just me since I do have an aversion to dead bodies.

Just a glorified Madame Tussauds ? ;)

Yeah, is Albert Goldman still alive and kickin'? :D

Seriously though - there will probably be more sick-making 'biographies' about this guy than any pop-culture icon who's ever lived. And, the thing to me is, why? I'd readily admit that MJ's music is not my thing (at all) but the public's (and the media's) infatuation with this story just leaves me dumbstruck.

I think that's right. A lot of people will be making money off of him this year.