Solo Tweedy show in Chicago

When:

8 Aug 2009, 8 p.m.

Where:

Emanuel Congregation

5959 N Sheridan, Chicago, IL, 60660

Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of Uselarger…

Jeff Tweedy Solo

Emanuel Congregation: 8 Aug 2009

Jeff Tweedy + guitars + a microphone

If the Lollapalooza line-up didn't do it for you this year, come up to Emanuel Congregation for a solo performance by Wilco front man Jeff Tweedy,

Jeff Tweedy, singer-songwriter and leader of Wilco, will be performing a solo show to benefit Emanuel Congregation. Opening for Jeff is Peter Grosz, a Second City alum and current writer for the Colbert Report.

The show will benefit Emanuel Congregation and is open to all fans of Jeff and Peter. Tickets are general admission by sections.

$200 VIP ticket gets up front seating, one on-site parking spot per ticket, a meet and greet with the artists and a drink ticket.

$75 tickets will be in a reserved mid section, general seating

$54 tickets will be in the third section, general seating.

The show starts at 8PM, doors open at 7PM. Off-site parking will be available at St. Andrews Church on Sheridan at Hollywood for $10, but the synagogue is accessible by the CTA. Red Line at Thorndale, the 36, 151 and 147 buses at Thorndale.

Tickets go on sale on Monday, June 22, 2009, via Brown Paper Tickets.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahoo! Got my tix.. I love these shows. They are always terrific. Loved the Valentines Day shows and can't wait for this one. Who else is going to paint their chest with me?

Who else is going to paint their chest with me?

Is this related to the show? Because I can't make the show, but if you're talking random acts of chest painting or whatnot, it's something to consider.

Is this related to the show? Because I can't make the show, but if you're talking random acts of chest painting or whatnot, it's something to consider.

I have painted my chest with the W in the new font from the new record and will be chest thumping everyone with a white t-shirt I can find

YES! I'm in. Got my tix. These shows are Awesome!

Does anyone know how big this place is and how it compares to the Vic?

According to this, the main sanctuary can accommodate 1000 people:

http://www.emanuelcong.org/aboutus/building/

I have painted my chest with the W in the new font from the new record and will be chest thumping everyone with a white t-shirt I can find

I may not recognize you at the show due to a rare memory-loss condition that happens from time to time. Don't be offended.

When:

8 Aug 2009, 8 p.m.

Where:

Emanuel Congregation

5959 N Sheridan, Chicago, IL, 60660

Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of Uselarger…

Jeff Tweedy Solo

Emanuel Congregation: 8 Aug 2009

Jeff Tweedy + guitars + a microphone

If the Lollapalooza line-up didn't do it for you this year, come up to Emanuel Congregation for a solo performance by Wilco front man Jeff Tweedy,

Jeff Tweedy, singer-songwriter and leader of Wilco, will be performing a solo show to benefit Emanuel Congregation. Opening for Jeff is Peter Grosz, a Second City alum and current writer for the Colbert Report.

The show will benefit Emanuel Congregation and is open to all fans of Jeff and Peter. Tickets are general admission by sections.

$200 VIP ticket gets up front seating, one on-site parking spot per ticket, a meet and greet with the artists and a drink ticket.

$75 tickets will be in a reserved mid section, general seating

$54 tickets will be in the third section, general seating.

The show starts at 8PM, doors open at 7PM. Off-site parking will be available at St. Andrews Church on Sheridan at Hollywood for $10, but the synagogue is accessible by the CTA. Red Line at Thorndale, the 36, 151 and 147 buses at Thorndale.

Tickets go on sale on Monday, June 22, 2009, via Brown Paper Tickets.

Just wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the show. My fiance just bought our tickets. Thanks again.

Count me in at the $75 level. I got the ticket a couple of days ago. It'll be an early birthday present for me. #35 will be on August 12th. See you'll there.

Count me in at the $75 level. I got the ticket a couple of days ago. It'll be an early birthday present for me. #35 will be on August 12th. See you'll there.

We can't make this because of a family wedding. I'm sorry we'll be missing you!

We can't make this because of a family wedding. I'm sorry we'll be missing you!

No worries, looks like we'll have another chance when this big Chicago show is announced on Monday. I'm in Louisville now, so closer to your neck of the woods. Send Rob a hello.

I'm don't have any suggestions, but you may find some here:

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/35877-going-to-chicagowhat-to-do-see-stay-etc/

Wow, that's a helluva lot of info on Chicago....

But nothing on a hotel close to this venue. Only thing I've come up with is Super 8. Would love any other suggestions but seems to be closet choice....and I'm not staying in the international youth hostel!