Solo Tweedy show in Chicago

Wow, that's a helluva lot of info on Chicago....

But nothing on a hotel close to this venue. Only thing I've come up with is Super 8. Would love any other suggestions but seems to be closet choice....and I'm not staying in the international youth hostel!

Maybe you can call Congregation Emanuel?

http://www.emanuelcong.org/aboutus/contactus/

I'm sure they have guests visiting from out of town all the time and will have a good suggestion or two.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiance and I are staying at the Best Western for this show. It's only 4 miles from the venue, and I think the CTA runs between both places.

Best Western University Plaza

1501 Sherman Ave

Evanston, IL 60201

Well, very crazy but I just got my ticket too. I'll be there... Any good hotel suggestions close by?

Evanston seems to be best bet. Thanks. :cheers

I'm a excited already though the thought of going back inside a synagogue (to worship?) is slightly unnerving. I doubt we'll hear acoustic version of Bull Black Nova or duet with Feist or Satan songs but could be interesting set.

Did I say I was excited?

:w00t

Wow, that's a helluva lot of info on Chicago....

But nothing on a hotel close to this venue. Only thing I've come up with is Super 8. Would love any other suggestions but seems to be closet choice....and I'm not staying in the international youth hostel!

Sorry I'm getting to this late, but there's a great modern B&B that's cute and reasonable called House 5863. It's a half of a mile from the venue.

Just a thought. I run by it every day, and plan on putting family up there if the need comes up.

Evanston seems to be best bet. Thanks. :cheers

I'm a excited already though the thought of going back inside a synagogue (to worship?) is slightly unnerving. I doubt we'll hear acoustic version of Bull Black Nova or duet with Feist or Satan songs but could be interesting set.

Did I say I was excited?

:w00t

If he was really feeling it he could open with "Theologians" and maybe close with "Satan your kingdom must come down."

He did at The Chapel at Calvin College, but apologized first. :lol

Jeff Tweedy

2005-11-10

The Chapel - Calvin College

Grand Rapids, MI

1. Sunken Treasure

2. Theologians

3. Summer Teeth

4. (Was I) In Your Dreams

5. How To Fight Loneliness

6. Remember The Mountain Bed

7. Someone Else's Song

8. The Ruling Class

9. Christ For President

10. Please Tell My Brother

11. Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

12. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

13. In A Future Age

14. Muzzle Of Bees

15. Blue Eyed Soul

16. Sugar Baby

17. New Madrid

18. ELT

19. Pecan Pie

Encore 1:

20. A Shot In The Arm (w/ Glenn on drums)

21. One By One (w/ Glenn on drums)

22. Heavy Metal Drummer (w/ Glenn on drums)

23. Far, Far Away (w/ Glenn on drums)

24. War On War (w/ Glenn on drums)

25. Someday Some Morning Sometime (w/ Glenn on drums)

26. Passenger Side (w/ Glenn on drums)

27. I'm A Wheel (w/ Glenn on drums)

28. I'm The Man Who Loves You (w/ Glenn on drums)

29. The Late Greats (w/ Glenn on drums)

Andrew Bird is playing Schubas on 8/6 now too... damn that's a great weekend to be in Chicago DESPITE Lolla

would have loved to see the Constantines/Gaslight Anthem show too

I have tickets to see Andrew three times between now and October, but that would be a fun show. Damn.

I have tickets for the Fleet Foxes late show after Lolla - same night as Jeff solo. I'm hoping to make it, but I guess we'll see.

Guest Jules

I have tickets to see Andrew three times between now and October, but that would be a fun show. Damn.

I have tickets for the Fleet Foxes late show after Lolla - same night as Jeff solo. I'm hoping to make it, but I guess we'll see.

I was thinking about trying the Tweedy/Fleet Foxes double myself. I would think there would be enough time, but I'll probably wimp out.

by some crazy fluke i got an andrew bird schuba's ticket, so i just bought myself a jeff & peter ticket, too!

good gravy, i didn't realize that was lolla weekend. that makes travel a WHOLE different thing. oof.

still...late night fleet foxes, you say? :w00t

by some crazy fluke i got an andrew bird schuba's ticket, so i just bought myself a jeff & peter ticket, too!

good gravy, i didn't realize that was lolla weekend. that makes travel a WHOLE different thing. oof.

still...late night fleet foxes, you say? :w00t

YES! I passed up Andrew tickets this time, but see you Saturday!

i picked a great fucking time to be completely broke. i'd like to check out Bird and Tweedy. fuck.

New rule: if you change your username, you have to at least keep your same avatar! :lol

I was thinking about trying the Tweedy/Fleet Foxes double myself. I would think there would be enough time, but I'll probably wimp out.

Preferred B should be an inspiration to non-wimper-outers everywhere. You can do it!

How were so many of you able to score Andrew Bird tickets at Schuba's, those seem to have gone in less than 30 seconds? Would have loved to get the chance to see him at Schubba's especially since Lolla's line-up is so ho-hum this year and decided to not go at all. Still trying to decide if I want to make the trek to the Tweedy solo fundraiser.

I've been to several of these shows in the past, and they are all great, though it does seem odd that these genuinely spectacular shows never seem to see the light of day in the tape sharing world. Even though I do love to re-live my concert experiences, these shows alomost become somewhat more of a novelty knowing that being there live at the show will be the only time you will get to hear this performance. It almost makes a rare and special night even much moreso. That being said, it is the third Tweedy solo benefit Chicago has got a chance to see this year, maybe we are just spolied with these type of shows for lack of a better term. Don't get me wrong, I'd go see Tweedy play every night if I could, and this is not a complaint. I think it is wonderful what the Tweedy family does for their kids' Montessori and various similar causes. Actually nevermind me, I think I am just arguing with myself to not break down and buy tickets for this show... then once I get there, it's gonna be a struggle not to go ahead and buy the $200 golden meet-n-greet ticket. On second thought, that's what has kept me from buying these tickets all along.

just remember: "fundraiser"

preferred b: i will see you that saturday! i'll bring pit crew type items to help you make it to both shows! (fresh socks, hair ties, chewing gum, taxi fare) :dancing

• 2 weeks later...