What's Your Favorite Music Video?

So, say what you will about Coldplay, but their latest video for Strawberry Swing is definitely one of my favorite music videos of all time. So that got me thinking to what my favorite music vids have been.

So, in no order, here are some of my faves.

Thriller - Michael Jackson

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Let Forever Be - Chemical Brothers (Star Guitar is cool too)

Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads

Just - Radiohead

Fat + Smells like Nirvana - Weird Al Yankovic

Window in the Skies - U2

A few that I can think of:

R.E.M. - Driver 8

(I don't care for the the parts where the band appears though. I would have just had them waving from a caboose at the end.)

John Mellancamp - Lonely Ol' Night

Tom Petty - It's Good To Be King (mainly the end moments)

The Rolling Stones - Waiting On A Friend

And several before the MTV era, that were not videos really, such as:

I think this is the first modern era actual music video I ever saw - on HBO's Video Jukebox:

The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Theres too many to mention but, in my opinion, Bjork's 'All is full of love' is undoubtably the greatest. Is the video with the two robots in an embrace. It's a really moving piece of work. Other than that one of my favourites was the video for 'In The Neighbourhood' by Tom Waits. Nothing technically brilliant but I just remember it as it introduced me to the wonderfully weird world of Tom Waits.

I am blocked from YouTube here at work, so I can't post the link, but it is for sure:

Yo La Tengo - Tom Courtenay

I love Just and just watched the video for the first time. I am glad I did, but jeez, what a fucked up video and band.

When that video was new ('96?), it was fun to pretend the guy was saying "Oasis didn't break up. They're in the studio now, recording a new album."

When that video was new ('96?), it was fun to pretend the guy was saying "Oasis didn't break up. They're in the studio now, recording a new album."

:lol

that's awesome. I dont know how I missed that video all these years. I guess I was too busy sitting around doing nothing in college.

beastie boys sabotage video.nirvana in bloom or heart shaped box.sonic youth bull in the heather.i second the pavement range life and bjork all is love and blindmelon no rain.didnt know there was a tom waits in the neighborhood music video, prolly woulda have that added if i had seen it.