• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Fancy Moses bur are the Rangers spitting the bit.

1 run in the last 46 innings.

Looks like another year of no playoff baseball in DFW. And with Tom Hicks' money problems, I fully expect this promising team and farm system to be dismantled.

Hicks should have gotten a better deal for his soul. At least Jerry Jones got three superbowl championships.

Looks like another year of no playoff baseball in DFW. And with Tom Hicks' money problems, I fully expect this promising team and farm system to be dismantled.

I don't know about the major league roster, but money problems won't cause the Rangers to dismantle the farm system. If anything they will add more prospects by trading established players. Other than players who have already left the team (but not the payroll), the only expensive players they have are Michael Young and Kevin Millwood. You might see arbitration eligible players cut or traded and free agent vets not invited back.

I don't see the Rangers as an easy sell in this economy. Hicks might have to give more of his share than he wants or lower his asking price if he wants to unload his burden within the next few months.

I don't know about the major league roster, but money problems won't cause the Rangers to dismantle the farm system. If anything they will add more prospects by trading established players. Other than players who have already left the team (but not the payroll), the only expensive players they have are Michael Young and Kevin Millwood. You might see arbitration eligible players cut or traded and free agent vets not invited back.

I don't see the Rangers as an easy sell in this economy. Hicks might have to give more of his share than he wants or lower his asking price if he wants to unload his burden within the next few months.

Money problems kept them from signing their #1 draft pick.

Have I ever told you guys I fucking hate Harold Baines?

Money problems kept them from signing their #1 draft pick.

The only money problem in that situation was that the kid wanted too much. They admit to mis-evaluating what the kid led everyone to believe he'd sign for. In the end the Rangers raised their offer to more than what they projected he'd settle for, but still the kid wanted a half-million more and wouldn't take less regardless. The Rangers didn't feel that this particular pick was worth the money or the effort, so they said to hell with him.

Do you like anyone?

Unfair.

I think most Ranger fans would say they aren't fond of him.

The Rangers traded Wilson Alvarez and Sammy Sosa for him in 1989. And he proceeded to stink up the joint and lollygagged.

Thanks for you input.

The only money problem in that situation was that the kid wanted too much. They admit to mis-evaluating what the kid led everyone to believe he'd sign for. In the end the Rangers raised their offer to more than what they projected he'd settle for, but still the kid wanted a half-million more and wouldn't take less regardless. The Rangers didn't feel that this particular pick was worth the money or the effort, so they said to hell with him.

They had a deal done. The league disapproved it due to monetary concerns. (apparently the league is somewhat bankrolling the team with advances on TV money)

The Rangers' John Daniels has tried to put a good face on the situation...but word has it (wink, wink) that things are going to get ugly next year unless a new ownership team is found.

Unfair.

I think most Ranger fans would say they aren't fond of him.

The Rangers traded Wilson Alvarez and Sammy Sosa for him in 1989. And he proceeded to stink up the joint and lollygagged.

Thanks for you input.

He was pretty mediocre in 89, but pretty good in 90.

Wilson Alvarez was good for like 3 years and Sosa wasn't good until, like, 1994.

He was pretty mediocre in 89, but pretty good in 90.

Wilson Alvarez was good for like 3 years and Sosa wasn't good until, like, 1994.

And you point is what

That's kind of a dumb reason to "Fucking hate" somebody. You don't like anybody.

OK

But I like you

Nobody does.

Didn't you chastise me last week for playing the victim?

I want the Marlins to trade for Milton Bradley.

Any indications the Cubs will eat most of his salary?

Wow...Milton Bradley can be good, but he can also be a cancer. I don't know if he is worth the pain and angst he would possibly bring.

Eh.

I mean, I know he has the perception of being a cancer, and I'm not going to approve of what he said this week, but I think a lot of it has been overblown. I think he just doesn't have that filter between his brain and his actions, unfortunately, so he often says things he shouldn't.

But he's been good for the most part recently until he got to Chicago, and I tend to believe him when he says the fans in the bleachers are yelling things most of us wouldn't say in any sort of company.

They had a deal done. The league disapproved it due to monetary concerns. (apparently the league is somewhat bankrolling the team with advances on TV money)

The Rangers' John Daniels has tried to put a good face on the situation...but word has it (wink, wink) that things are going to get ugly next year unless a new ownership team is found.

Yeah, I remember reading about a cash infusion from MLB earlier this summer. Other than Millwood and Young, who is left that makes any knid of significant salary? I'd expect Blalock, Pudge, Vizquel, and probably Byrd (and those type veterans) will not be brought back. I don't think Cruz is arbitration eligible yet. Did Hamilton get the extension they'd been talking about? Losing him and/or Young would be the only real trouble. Most of the team is already young and inexpensive (and talented), so I'd imagine the Rangers would be similar to the Rays. They just won't be able to supplement the roster with valuable veteran pieces. This isn't ideal to playoff contending, but in reality they should still be in good shape so long as the kids progress.