• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. but cliff lee also appears untouchable since joining the phillies.

Cliff Lee would look almost as untouchable this year as last year with the Indians if he had more than one run of support in his starts. I think the stat was that 7 of his 9 losses before being traded were all because the bats provided less than one run while he only let 1-2 ER a game. That's still damn good pitching, but the hitting just wasn't there when he was starting.

But yeah, I think the NL is weaker than the AL. 15 straight All-Star losses to the AL (something like that)? Never a good thing. Generally any "N" conference in pro sports is weaker (NFC, NL, etc.)

Wait, didn't Cliff Lee win the AL Cy Young in 2008?

i understand the point (that cliff lee is really good).

just compare his 2009 stats with the indians to the phillies and i believe you will see his n.l. splits are far better.

even julio lugo is hitting over .300 since joining the n.l.

I would check, but I'm too busy pissing on Mother Teresa's grave.

I would check, but I'm too busy pissing on Mother Teresa's grave.

I almost want to say you guys had to have sold your collective souls to the devil, but if that's the case then you need to get a new collective agent.

The Mets' Mess' season had its nutshell moment in the first inning of Sunday's bizarre game when the starting pitcher, Oliver Perez, was taken out of the game with a 3-0 count on the opposing pitcher, Pedro Martinez. Martinez, making his return to Queens, got to hit against two pitchers from his former team before he took the mound to pitch.

Pathetic.

Santana is going to see the doctor. Francouer has a busted thumb. Tom Seaver may have to change his HOF cap to the White Sox. Ron Swoboda is coming out to not only announce that he is the gay Met, but also to admit that he was on steroids for the entire 1969 "Miracle" season.

Hooray! Go team!

That's what you get for '86.

The curse of MattZ. I may have sold this team's soul to the devil in that world series. I didn't know what I was doing though!! I was only 10! I swear! Ugh.

Tom Seaver may have to change his HOF cap to the White Sox.

Now, THAT is going too far. :)

I am sorry to see Wags go. He was the least full-of-shit Met in many a moon.

Well, at least his Tommy John is OK. (Said Mrs. Santana.)