did anyone see prince fielder's home run to center last night?

good lord. dented the centerfield scoreboard and all.

The Brewers are still playing. I thought they folded operations for the year.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are. and will soon pass the cubs if this tailspin continues.

probably but the Cubs have 3 against a AAA team this weekend. So things are looking up.

edit: I should say single A team. It is 12 - 0 Cubs bottom of the 2nd.

did anyone see prince fielder's home run to center last night?

good lord. dented the centerfield scoreboard and all.

It was either Baseball Tonight (or whatever it's called now on ESPN) or the MLB channel that showed a similar bomb from pop Cecil in '81. That was a monster smash by Prince (one of two last night, as well).

It was either Baseball Tonight (or whatever it's called now on ESPN) or the MLB channel that showed a similar bomb from pop Cecil in '81. That was a monster smash by Prince (one of two last night, as well).

Prince doesn't much care for his dad, does he?

All this on and on about pansies getting hit by a pitch and yet not one mention of Adrian Beltre taking a ground ball directly to the nutsack.

I was hoping for the video. Guess i will have to wait until I see it on America's Funniest Videos.

What is the world has happened to my Texas Rangers? Winning with Pitching and Defense?

Are you fucking kidding me? Four guys in the rotation who are barely old enough to shave? WTF?

Isn't Hamilton still playing center for you?

He's pretty awful defensively.

Actually, he's been in right lately. And he's not a liability in Center.

Borbon is one to watch. Hellacious wheels.

As an aside. Nothing is more irritating than having Boston fans coming out in force and making noise at your ballpark. Conversely, nothing is more satisfying than shutting them up with a series win.

Isn't Hamilton still playing center for you?

He's pretty awful defensively.

Is this statement based on some more of that sabermetrical nonsense? Hamilton can play center anywhere. He's been moved to right because he's injury-prone, plus the prescence of Borbon and his speed opens up the outfield, which only benefits the pitchers.

I wouldn't say Hamilton is awful defensively, but he's not that good and was more of a liability than an asset there. He would make routine plays look hard due to his lack of range. He's fine in right, though.

Watching Neftali Feliz pitch might be the most exciting thing in baseball right now.

Anyone can played center anywhere. David Ortiz could theoretically play center. Can they play it well? In my opinion, from what I've seen on Hamilton and from what I've read (from old timey scouts and the sabermetric community), he cannot play it well.

Hamilton was a centerfielder out of necessity last season. He's got a good arm, and he can play center, but there's a reason he's not playing center now that a better option has come up.

Anyone can played center anywhere. David Ortiz could theoretically play center. Can they play it well? In my opinion, from what I've seen on Hamilton and from what I've read (from old timey scouts and the sabermetric community), he cannot play it well.

Hamilton was a centerfielder out of necessity last season. He's got a good arm, and he can play center, but there's a reason he's not playing center now that a better option has come up.

But the reason is he is a wall crasher...not because he is a butcher.

He's got a good arm, and he can play center, but there's a reason he's not playing center now that a better option has come up.

I agree with this statement, but like Crow Daddy said: Hamilton's more of a hazard to himself. He's basically J.D. Drew from the Cards and Braves days: A legit CF, who slides over because of Edmonds and Andruw and their (formerly) obscene defensive talents, with the hope that limiting him to RF will offer some protection from injury. It doesn't, but hey it's a plan.

But when I say a guy can play a position, I mean he literally can play the position at the major league level and get the job done daily. I'm not for being theoretical to the extent I'd put myself on merely for attention on an internet board. The Ortiz analogy is ridiculous.

I guess that Crow can wait all the way till the next draft to sign.

Yes he can, but he better be mindful of the story of Rockies 2000 #1 pick Matt Harrington. Drafted 5 times, never signed, now makes $11.50 an hour changing tires at Costco. Brilliant.

To be fair, he had an awful agent for the first draft.

He did hire Boras for round 2, though.