And slobberring out "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."

The Tigers and Twins are adding some drama to the last week, aren't they?

Indeed! Yesterday was a great day for baseball. I really think the Twins are gonna do it again, win the AlCentral. I'll be disappointed if they don't but it has been another great season regardless. I'm wildly excited for the game tonight!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Reyes. Oy.

Indeed! Yesterday was a great day for baseball. I really think the Twins are gonna do it again, win the AlCentral. I'll be disappointed if they don't but it has been another great season regardless. I'm wildly excited for the game tonight!

Last night's loss gives our chances a serious hit.

They tried their damnedest this past week to avoid it, but the Red Sox have stumbled into the postseason. And Dice-K is their ace going in. Bizarro.

Stumbled? With 6 straight losses, the Red Sox are being dragged into the post-season against their will.

Stumbled? With 6 straight losses, the Red Sox are being dragged into the post-season against their will.

I went to the game last night and it was as brutal a game as I have ever seen. Granted, I knew that before I got there when I had seen that the starting line-up was second- and third-stringers, but it was ugly. I had never seen a catcher pitch before ...

Picks:

AL East

New York

Boston

Tampa Bay

Orioles

Toronto

AL Central

Cleveland

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

Kansas City

AL West

Los Angeles

Oakland

Texas

Seattle

AL MVP: Grady Sizemore, Cleveland (had the worst season of his career and got hurt. Good call.)

AL Cy Young: CC Sabathia, New York (If it wasn't for Greinke, I think this would be spot on. He'll finish 2nd.)

AL Rookie of the Year: Travis Snider, Toronto (His .337/.431/.663 line at AAA would've made him an MVP candidate. Swing and a miss!)

NL East

Philadelphia

New York

Florida

Atlanta

Washington

NL Central

Chicago

St. Louis

Milwaukee

Cincinnati

Houston

Pittsburgh

NL West

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Arizona

Colorado

San Diego

NL MVP: Albert Pujols, St. Louis (Too easy)

NL Cy Young: Brandon Webb, Arizona (Not so much. Who would've thought he'd get hurt?)

NL Rookie of the Year: Cameron Maybin, Florida (Not so much. Who would've thought he'd blow donkey balls and get sent down?)

Not bad, though Colorado could make it so that I don't get anyone in the NL West.

You really think CC will get second above King Felix, Bobs?

NYC + Playoffs + best record + 19 wins + not shitting himself under the weight of that contract + being completely and utterly dominant in the 2nd half despite playing in a launching pad + nobody in the world knowing just how absurdly good Felix is + CY Young voters being dummies = probably CC is gonna be 2nd.

A lot of major league hitters can't hit curveballs.

You really think CC will get second above King Felix, Bobs?

And Verlander, too?

I've realized making pre-season predictions to be a waste of time. Injuries and bullpen troubles always fuck it up.

Just go with your gut. Mine is telling me it's going to be Yankees-Cards, with the Yanks winning in five.

Just go with your gut. Mine is telling me it's going to be Yankees-Cards, with the Yanks winning in five.

When the playoffs started last year I told everyone the Phils were going to win it all, but it's not because I'm a Phillies fan. It was because of the swagger and confidence they performed with. They all had that aura that Manny was exuding all by himself. Same thing in 2003 with the Marlins. People just couldn't believe when I said the Yanks would fall to the Fish. You can just see it in their eyes and in the way they move. They own the field.

This year? Right now the Rockies have that going on, but the playoffs are different. We'll have to see who contols the field before my gut indicates the winner. This year's Phils have more weapons, but shit - that bullpen is vulnerable. The bats in Philly are going to have to be in full force while the starters are going to have to pitch at their best to keep from depending on Lidge & Company to protect close leads.

Whomever it is I just want to see great and exiciting baseball games like we saw last year. I love baseball.

I really want a Rockies - Twins World Series going all 7 games. Just as a big f you to MLB. Why I don't know. I really don't want to see the yankee's in the WS. I just hate the Yankee's.

I really want a Rockies - Twins World Series going all 7 games. Just as a big f you to MLB. Why I don't know. I really don't want to see the yankee's in the WS. I just hate the Yankee's.

If you really want a big F-you to MLB, root for all sweeps, too.