Now Playing: November, 2009

coincidentally, i'm considering seeing Brendan Benson this week too. Chances slim though. :hmm

Report back on the show.

it was FAB. one of my favorite times i've seen him out of 4-5x now.

played a ton of stuff off all his albums (FOUR songs off One Miss!!!). closed the show with a "Tom Petty Marathon" of 'Listen To Her Heart' and 'American Girl' (w/ Cory Chisel)

Cory was awesome too. didn't realize he's actually from the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota, just lives in Appleton, WI now. he talked about a bunch of shows he'd seen at First Ave (Rufus Wainwright, Cannibal Corpse, etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was FAB. one of my favorite times i've seen him out of 4-5x now.

played a ton of stuff off all his albums (FOUR songs off One Miss!!!). closed the show with a "Tom Petty Marathon" of 'Listen To Her Heart' and 'American Girl' (w/ Cory Chisel)

Cory was awesome too. didn't realize he's actually from the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota, just lives in Appleton, WI now. he talked about a bunch of shows he'd seen at First Ave (Rufus Wainwright, Cannibal Corpse, etc.)

very cool... any Racounteurs songs? I have to figure out a way to go Friday.

i've gotten into that Real Estate record a lot the last few weeks...

it's definitely pretty sleepy, and not exactly the most interesting music i've heard all year, but something about it just keeps me going back to it every so often, hard to explain. i could see them being dull live tho.

very cool... any Racounteurs songs? I have to figure out a way to go Friday.

nah, can't imagine him playing any Raconteurs songs outside of that band ever honestly

besides, his solo stuff is way better ;D

yeah, i think it's one of those albums that's just really solid/enjoyable without beating you over the head with excitement or energy. i don't even find it THAT catchy really either, but i've listened to the record on repeat on a few occasions.

Streaming some Hop on Pop right now. Good stuff Todd! I like "Suckers" the best. I really like the guitar sound you got on the heavier version but the acoustic one sounds great as well. Very catchy. I would so love to be able to write a song like that.

Streaming some Hop on Pop right now. Good stuff Todd! I like "Suckers" the best. I really like the guitar sound you got on the heavier version but the acoustic one sounds great as well. Very catchy. I would so love to be able to write a song like that.

Hey! Thanks so much for listening. And thanks for the kind words.

41WQQ15VCEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg61N-Dkb0IKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41C7ZS4TCCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

d027660vu1t.jpgg36951amkr7.jpg

De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead

Aaron Schroeder - Black & Gold

Chamber Strings - Gospel Morning

Butterflies - Butterflies

The Fall - The Real New Fall LP