East Coast Spring Tour 2010

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zacincceo

I'm pretty confident they are adding a second show Monday the 5th? at the orpheum.... you heard it here first :)

Moderator edit: If you have tickets to sell, don't list them here - list them in the "How To Fight Loneliness" section. Thanks!

-Zac

I'm pretty confident they are adding a second show Monday the 5th? at the orpheum.... you heard it here first :)

-Zac

I highly doubt it. It would seem to "nip it in the bud" for a Wilco summer venue show in Jun-early Sept in Boston.

At least that's the impression that I get from these smaller venues.

Meaning 2 shows in Boston in April would offset a sellout at say the Bank Of America Pavillion in say late August.

Guest zacincceo

I highly doubt it. It would seem to "nip it in the bud" for a Wilco summer venue show in Jun-early Sept in Boston.

Meaning 2 shows in Boston in April would offset a sellout at say the Bank Of America Pavillion in say late August.

http://www.fansnap.com/events?q=wilco

FanSnap is a cool place to get tickets aftermarket.... (im not affiliated at all nor do I make money off that link... its a direct link...)

I like it because it pulls from ebay and stubhub etc... and has a viewable map thats easy to use

They listed the 4/5/10 Monday show which THEORETICALLY they could do........ now with Citizen Cope at the Paradise this happened as well (they had thurs/fri then after friday sold out they offered up the sat show) FanSnap SOMEHOW had this up like a week or 2 before ANYONE knew....

Just saying its a possibility... trust me I'd love another Tanglewood or something... Northhampton for me is kinda eh... but I just am preferential to Tanglewood.

i'd be surprised for 2 nights at the orpheum, but i'd also be surprised to see them back at the pavillion this summer- its not as though its a yearly thing. they've just done there in 03 and 08 - right? everything else has been noho or lowell.

Guest zacincceo

What's this RazorGator that's referenced on FanSnap? Anyone use this before?

Also, look at the amount of tix available for sale for Atlanta and Durham as compared to other shows. Crazy.

RazorGator is a reseller like stubhub only they charge a middle.... Like AceTickets in boston

Brokers use the Ticket Network (which they sign up for and pay a fee too) to list tickets at which ALL other companies (3rd party brokers) use to tack on their fee and rape u$

-Zac

i'd be surprised for 2 nights at the orpheum, but i'd also be surprised to see them back at the pavillion this summer- its not as though its a yearly thing. they've just done there in 03 and 08 - right? everything else has been noho or lowell.

True. But I feel like Lowell wasn't a proper Bostonian show (before it rained), even though it was nice and I had to drive 10 minutes to get there. :thumbup

1 Single Orpheum show seems like too little, especially if they don't hit Boston this summer and do Tanglewood or Pines Theater. Not that any Wilco fan from Boston minds a drive out to Western MA.

They could throw everyone for a loop and not come back again until the fall and limit their venues to indoor only.

Based on what I've read in this thread and other threads in this forum, people are confident or are at least speculating about them adding another show in Richmond, a show in Brooklyn and another show in Boston. I mean, why don't they just add another show in Tampa and something in between Concord and Hartford as well and make it 21 shows in 21 days? :hmm

I suppose it's technically possible, but that's not really how Wilco tours anymore. They're not a bunch of 20-year-old kids jumping in a van and playing for gas money. They do take a day off every now and then -- usually at least a few days during a given tour -- even if it might not jibe with the old punk ethos of "when you're not playin', you're payin'."

So Scranton is GA? Presale this morning only shows GA, but the Scranton Cultural Center shows a very specific seating chart. Any locals familiar with the concert setup at the venue? Thanks in advance and see you there.

I am a local, but unfortunately, can't provide an answer. Anytime I've been to the Cultural Center it's been fixed seating (permanently fixed seats if I recall correctly), so I'm a little lost as to why the tix I just purchased came up as GA. Anyone else?

So Scranton is GA? Presale this morning only shows GA, but the Scranton Cultural Center shows a very specific seating chart. Any locals familiar with the concert setup at the venue? Thanks in advance and see you there.

The Scranton Cultural Center has a ballroom (where Wilco is playing) that holds 2400 and a theater that seats 1600.

I am a local, but unfortunately, can't provide an answer. Anytime I've been to the Cultural Center it's been fixed seating (permanently fixed seats if I recall correctly), so I'm a little lost as to why the tix I just purchased came up as GA. Anyone else?

Can you recommend a nice, affordable hotel near the center? Driving in from jersey, and want to know I have an option to driviung two hours home after the show.

Thanks.

Can you recommend a nice, affordable hotel near the center? Driving in from jersey, and want to know I have an option to driviung two hours home after the show.

Thanks.

i'm local. there are hotels downtown, but look to stay at montage and/or moosic for searching. its like a 5, 10 minute drive but it is likely to be cheaper. the expressway to 81 is seriously 3 or 4 blocks from the cultural center.

So, would I be right in thinking the ATL venue is one of the bigger ones they are playing on the tour? It seats almost 7,000

that's probably a good guess.

..i'm so stoked about the Fillmore in Miami Beach...just a little over 2400......a nice intimate gathering of friends. Perfect....and I can't wait.

that's probably a good guess.

..i'm so stoked about the Fillmore in Miami Beach...just a little over 2400......a nice intimate gathering of friends. Perfect....and I can't wait.

I WISH they would have played the Ryman again. It was AMAZING and I think capacity was a little less than 1,500

I WISH they would have played the Ryman again. It was AMAZING and I think capacity was a little less than 1,500

That would almost harken back to the days when I saw Jeff play in front of a handful of folks at Cicero's in St.Louis for little or nothing....my...how things have changed. :shifty