I really like (warming up to) Jeremy Hermida as a player on the Red Sox. A lot of the local papers (read: Boston Globe) said great things about his bat when he was traded here. So far so good.

I hope that they put him in as DH when Jacoby Ellsbury comes back. I really don't want to see them use Hermida as trade bait. I honestly feel that he's kind of like the new "Ortiz". They got him in a steal via the Marlins. His bases clearing double today was well needed at the right time.

And I can now say this for the 1st time publicly: "I have Jeremy Hermida on my Fantasy Team."

Frank Drebin's Squad: (spoiler to save room)

C Joe Mauer

1B Adrian Gonzalez

2B Dan Uggla

SS Marco Scutaro

3B Ian Stewart

CI Nick Swisher

MI Elvis Andrus

Util Adam LaRcohe

CF Nate McLouth

OF JD Drew

OF Magglio Ordonez

BN Orlando Cabrera

BN Adam Dunn

BN James Loney

BN Jeremy Hermida

SP Roy Halladay

SP Josh Becket

SP John Lackey

SP AJ Burnett

RP Jonathan Papelbon

RP Carlos Marmol

RP Fernando Rodney

For What It's Worth

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of Hermida's biggest defenders down here, but he flat out wore out his welcome. Tons of unfulfilled potential. Maybe he puts it together with you guys, but man he's frustrating.

speaking of marlins, i need Josh Johnson to have to big day today vs the Reds. Go Fish!

That work for you?

It was nice to get a comfortable win.

our 4 wins prior to tonight were by a combined margin of 5.

The White Sox, on the other hand, are probably breaking camp with a 26 year-old rookie at the front of the pen.

Sergio Santos is going to play in the major leagues with fewer professional innings pitched than Strasburg because he's out of options. He's a converted shortstop who, other than a high K rate, never had success pitching in the minor leagues. He's pitched quite well in spring training.

The one time I saw him on TV I thought his stuff was impressive.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/pitching/S/Sergio-Santos.shtml

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100325&content_id=8934750&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

This guy has been good. 4 IP, 0 hits, 1 BB, 7K.

4 absolutely gem pitching performances in this weekend's FLA-PHI series.

Roy Halladay 8 IP 2 ER on Friday in a W.

Ricky Nolasco CG 1 ER in a W saturday.

Cole Hamels 8 IP 2 ER, 9 K in a loss on Sunday.

Marlins pitching staff combines for SHO on Sunday.

That was an awesome series if you like pitching.

4 absolutely gem pitching performances in this weekend's FLA-PHI series.

Roy Halladay 8 IP 2 ER on Friday in a W.

Ricky Nolasco CG 1 ER in a W saturday.

Cole Hamels 8 IP 2 ER, 9 K in a loss on Sunday.

Marlins pitching staff combines for SHO on Sunday.

That was an awesome series if you like pitching.

In Philly no less.

Tampa is now the second-best team in the AL East. Boston let their core position players get too old. If they can manage to get into the playoffs, their pitching will make them dangerous, but I think you can pencil in the Sox for 3rd in their division.

BOS really doesn't have an "old" team. Cameron is 37 and Varitek 38 (doesn't play daily). Beyond that, most core position players are in their mid/late 20s, and a few inplayers with a few in the very early 30s. WS contenders from last year, PHI and NYY, are similar for the ages for their core players. It's certainly way too early, imo, to pencil any team in opr out....I'm assuming trades/call-ups/hot streaks/etc. will all apply this season, as well.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

Boston's mean age is 31.2, which is #2 only behind Philly. That is for their entire roster - not sure about just core players. I think Hermida and Pedroia are in their 20s and everyone else is in their 30s.

ESPN MLB Baseball Roster Analysis... I guess they don't know that the B in MLB stands for Baseball

Yes, it's too early to call anything. Way too early. But the BoSox are old. And hopefully old news...

It is not too early to pencil in the Mets for fourth place, btw.

Boston's mean age is 31.2, which is #2 only behind Philly. That is for their entire roster - not sure about just core players. I think Hermida and Pedroia are in their 20s and everyone else is in their 30s.

ESPN MLB Baseball Roster Analysis... I guess they don't know that the B in MLB stands for Baseball

Yes, it's too early to call anything. Way too early. But the BoSox are old. And hopefully old news...

I looked at the same chart and, yes, according to rankings they are an "old" team but I do not see that as their main issue (as noted NYY and PHI are also in the top 10 for highest aged rosters). Ellsbury is young, too, and Youkilis iand Beltre are 31.