• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feliz is now the closer.

And in scary news for the AL WEST...Vlad looks like his knees aren't bothering him one bit.

Tigers! 5-1 = great start, even though Verlander is having his typical slow start.

Nice to see Bonderman come in over the weekend and allow one hit through five innings.

I was going through some old boxes and found my old 1984 - Bless You Boys bumper sticker.

Looks good. Glad there won't be any more Hump-dome baseball. :thumbup

So, who's still playing baseball on artificial turf? Tampa Bay, Toronto ... is that it?

I guess I called it. I've never had much confidence in Francisco as the closer, so the move makes me happy. Feliz has electric stuff. The rotation has been excellent so far.

Outside of Cruz and Vlad, the bats are really anemic. Borbon looks lost and God only knows what is up with Hamilton.

Outside of Cruz and Vlad, the bats are really anemic. Borbon looks lost and God only knows what is up with Hamilton.

Not sure what's up with Borbon. He needs to find it quick, though. Hamilton is fine. He's hit safely in his last 4 games after going 0-8 in the opening series, including 3 doubles and a triple.

It's a long way from how I remember it. I believe at one time, not too long ago, it broke down like this:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East

Baltimore - grass

Boston - grass

Chicago - grass

Cleveland - grass

Detroit - grass

New York - grass

Toronto - turf

West

California - grass

Kansas City - turf

Milwaukee - grass

Minnesota - turf

Oakland - grass

Seattle - turf

Texas - grass

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East

Chicago - grass

Montreal - turf

New York - grass

Philadelphia - turf

Pittsburgh - turf

St. Louis - turf

West

Atlanta - grass (I could have sworn it was turf at some point, but I think I'm wrong)

Cincinnati - turf

Houston - turf

Los Angeles - grass

San Diego - grass

San Francisco - turf

Atlanta had grass, but it's easy to get Fulton County Stadium confused with Philly, P-burgh, Cincy & St. Louis because they all looked alike, as they were all built in the same era. I don't remember Candlestick having turf. Was that in the early days of turf?

Candlestick had turf in the '70s. That's how I first knew it (from television). Fortunately they'd switched to grass by '79, when I saw a doubleheader there.

Not sure what's up with Borbon. He needs to find it quick, though. Hamilton is fine. He's hit safely in his last 4 games after going 0-8 in the opening series, including 3 doubles and a triple.

By the way...I was in Cowtown Saturday for Arts Fest.

Fort Worth is really nice (at least downtown). The Bass brothers really executed their vision.

Downtown Dallas is pretty sad.

By the way...I was in Cowtown Saturday for Arts Fest.

Fort Worth is really nice (at least downtown). The Bass brothers really executed their vision.

Downtown Dallas is pretty sad.

I love Main St. Arts Fest. Glad you could come out this way. Downtown Fort Worth is very nice. It's great to be able to park for free and walk wherever you want without worrying about the area.

The turf was really crappy, too. Lots of patches in the infield. Looked like crap, even on our little 13" black and white TV.

I'm glad I missed out on the San Fransisco turf. I didn't get hooked on watching baseball on tv until the '79 All Star game when "The Cobra" Dave Parker threw a perfect strike to home plate from deep right field to nail Brian Downing trying to score. I was eight years old and in that moment I became galvanized by all things baseball.

Mikey Adams has long been my favorite WEEI sports jockey, but he outdid himself the other night, in the middle of complaining about J.D. Drew: "There's nothing more boring than a one-eighty average." Most of the awesomeness was probably in the delivery, but I can tell you I almost drove off the road laughing.

I really like (warming up to) Jeremy Hermida as a player on the Red Sox. A lot of the local papers (read: Boston Globe) said great things about his bat. So far so good.

I hope that they put him in as DH when Jacoby Ellsbury comes back. I really don't want to see them use Hermida as trade bait. I honestly feel that he's kind of like the new "Ortiz". They got him in a steal via the Marlins.