• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington used cocaine last year, got caught, and still has a job...

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5003261

Should he have been fired, in your opinion? The article states that he copped to it, offered to resign, went through treatment, and has basically tried to rectify his "wrong" in whatever manner asked of him and then some (asking the league to continue to test him regulalrly). He did pretty much what would have been asked of anybody in most professions caught one time with cocaine in their system, and more.

Should he have been fired, in your opinion? The article states that he copped to it, offered to resign, went through treatment, and has basically tried to rectify his "wrong" in whatever manner asked of him. He did pretty much what would have been asked of anybody in most professions caught one time with cocaine in their system.

i am on the fence myself of whether he should have been fired or not, but i figured with the Josh Hamilton drama surrounding the Rangers last year that he would've been let go... apparently he offered to resign, but the Rangers didn't take it...

As a Rangers fan, all I can say is, "who cares?" So the manager snorted cocaine. There are plenty worse things in this world than recreational drug use. Plus, he handled it the best way he could have.

He reminds me of a bigger, more athletic version of Cliff Floyd.

Yeah, that swing set up is a lot like him. He hits everything hard, and he is just gigantic. He was standing next to the Marlins 1B, a guy who is pretty big himself, and he just dwarfed him.

:lol

Hey, who ended up winning that game?

My brother-in-law texted me from that Mets/Braves game a pic of Jason Bay at bat. I told him to tell Omar Minaya I said keep up the good work.

BEISBOL FOR REAL IN UNDER TWO WEEKS!!!!!