• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to point out that after I defended the Omar Vizquel and Andruw Jones signings as quality bench pieces, the White Sox have held firm on the ridiculous notion that they need "flexibility" at the DH spot. That is to say, they don't want to go the conventional route of using one good hitter as the DH. If they are to be believed, they are going to use the DH spot to give position players rest. This means plenty of ABs for Vizquel, Jones, and Mark Kotsay!

Meanwhile, the Twins have filled the holes in their lineup. It seems like the Sox are wasting what may be the only year with these 4 starting pitchers.

I just saw this on MLB. It said Damon hasn't accepted and there is interest from Detroit and Tampa as well. The report stated the Braves offer may include deferred payments.

His arm doesn't play well in Atlanta's and Detroit's OF.

The White Sox are reportedly in the mix for Damon. He would would primarily DH. That would reasonably happy, as their lineup would at least be middling.

I gotta think that the reports of Detroit offering 2 years @ 7 mil/yr are Boras bologna, or he would have signed long ago.

The White Sox are reportedly in the mix for Damon. He would would primarily DH. That would reasonably happy, as their lineup would at least be middling.

I gotta think that the reports of Detroit offering 2 years @ 7 mil/yr are Boras bologna, or he would have signed long ago.

Damon would be more valuable to the Sox than the Tigers. The Tigers may be competetive, but they're probably looking at third place with or without Damon.

Also, the Nationals signed former Yankee two-time 19 game winner Wang.

His wife is quoted as saying she wants to live in a more cosmopolitan city than Detroit, so I'm guessing that money isn't the factor for signing in Detroit.

I've read that as well. However, enough money can usually overcome an objection like that.

That reported offer just seems way off compared to what other free agents are getting. The only similar deal that I can think of would be Abreu--and he signed early in the off-season when it wasn't clear that veteran hitters were going to sign for bargain prices.

Anyone see Joe Torre on last week's Castle (with Nathan FIllion & Stana Katic on ABC)?

Old Joe likes to be a celebrity after all is said and done. I was surprised by his performance on the Larry King show. I thought he was a narcoleptic manager, not one who wants to promote a tell all book (maybe not 100 % tell all but you know controversial to a certain level to sell books) and do nickel & dime cameos. I didn't have him pegged for that.

But I still respect him as a manager. (coming from a Red Sox fan too.)

Maybe Tito Francona can do a remake of Kojak and we'll call it even. :thumbup

Joe Torre On Castle

the marlins did this so they could keep everyone happy.

Everyone as in: everyone in the front office, or does this include fans, too?

Man, Antonetti turned down the Cardinals GM gig last time it was up! You know the fix is on when a job like that is refused.

Everyone as in: everyone in the front office, or does this include fans, too?

Man, Antonetti turned down the Cardinals GM gig last time it was up! You know the fix is on when a job like that is refused.

Front office. They have all of their baseball people locked up until 2015.

Khalil Greene is going to miss spring training due to his continuing struggle with social anxiety. It's a shame that this talented young man has fallen so far in such a short period of time. I hope he can find his way back.

Luckily, SAD is treatable with SSRIs.

Does Baseball include SSRIs (Paxil, Luxor, Zoloft, Prozac) in the drug testing cycle?

Luckily, SAD is treatable with SSRIs.

Does Baseball include SSRIs (Paxil, Luxor, Zoloft, Prozac) in the drug testing cycle?

A player can get permission from MLB to use legally prescribed meds. A positive test result will not result in a suspension so long as they test positive for their specific prescription that they have permission to use.

I have long wondered what a course of Ritalin or Adderall would do for Jose Reyes and Oliver Perez.