• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - that totally sucks.

Has Rob Dibble commented yet?

I listen to XM's baseball programming through most of the day, but I don't turn it on until 10 am, when Dibs is going off the air. I can't take him. A couple days before the Mitchell Report came out a caller brought up the possibility of Clemens having used PED's. Dibble hung up on the guy immediately, telling us how ridiculous that statement was and that Clemens was successful by hard work all by itself. Never heard him apologize for his defense of The Rocket. He also brags from time to time about how the Reds had to pay the lady he hit with a baseball when he chucked it into the stands out of frustration. He seems quite pleased that he didn't have to pay a cent out of his own pocket. I don't think he's qualified to criticize accountability in ballplayer behavior, or training for that matter. His career ended at age 30 because he refused to change his wild delivery when every coach he had told him he'd destroy his arm flying open the way he did. They were right, he was wrong. What's new?

I don't usually complain much about umpires but throwing Adrian Beltre out of the game last night was pretty ridiculous.

Francona not being able to talk to 'the young umpire' was pretty ridiculous. In the day game, Beckett had the same wide strike zone and the Mariners' manager came out and complained.

Ah yes, there's even hypocrites in baseball.

I listen to XM's baseball programming through most of the day, but I don't turn it on until 10 am, when Dibs is going off the air. I can't take him. A couple days before the Mitchell Report came out a caller brought up the possibility of Clemens having used PED's. Dibble hung up on the guy immediately, telling us how ridiculous that statement was and that Clemens was successful by hard work all by itself. Never heard him apologize for his defense of The Rocket. He also brags from time to time about how the Reds had to pay the lady he hit with a baseball when he chucked it into the stands out of frustration. He seems quite pleased that he didn't have to pay a cent out of his own pocket. I don't think he's qualified to criticize accountability in ballplayer behavior, or training for that matter. His career ended at age 30 because he refused to change his wild delivery when every coach he had told him he'd destroy his arm flying open the way he did. They were right, he was wrong. What's new?

I'll catch the occasional Nats broadcast (when the phils aren't on. Dibble has got to be the biggest meatball/ homer announcer I've ever heard. he literally shouts at the players. I swear the Kenny character from the Eastbound and Down HBO series is based on him!

manny manny manny

CHICAGO -- Manny Ramirez came into Los Angeles two years ago saying he was misunderstood, and in two months, became beloved.

He goes out the same way, with Dodgers manager Joe Torre saying Sunday he misunderstood Ramirez when he was ejected in the sixth inning of the Dodgers' 10-5 defeat to the Rockies.

Ramirez, who lost his starting left-field job to Scott Podsednik, was out of the lineup for the fourth consecutive day when he came to the plate as a pinch-hitter in the sixth inning with the bases loaded. The first pitch was called a strike by home-plate umpire Gary Cederstrom. Ramirez argued that it was outside, and was ejected. Torre was furious. He got even more mad when Reed Johnson finished the at-bat by grounding into a double play.

"I came into the clubhouse (between innings). I was angry," Torre told reporters. ""I asked Manny what he said. He said, 'The pitch was outside, it's a ball.' Manny doesn't curse. Then I asked Cederstrom between innings. He said the same thing as Manny.

"I'm very disappointed in the fact he threw him out. He (Cederstrom) said he (Ramirez) was 'demonstrative' about it. What the (heck) does that mean? "The crew chief can't do that in a pennant race, or any time. This game is high pressure. I came back in and apologized to Manny for getting mad at him. I'm totally disappointed in the way Cederstrom reacted. In that situation, that's crazy."

Sounds like this one is on Cederstrom, not Manny.

I nominate Ivan Nova for the 2010 Best Rookie With a Science-Fiction Name Award.

Sounds like this one is on Cederstrom, not Manny.

It was sort of like the Beltre incident I referred to earlier in this thread. The ump seemed to want to show that he was boss. With Beltre the ump seemed pissed that Beltre and Hernandez were speaking to each other in Spanish and he assumed they were talking about him.

The Rockies acquire reliever Manny Delcarmen from the Red Sox for minor league righty Chris Balcom-Miller.

:ohwell this is for what happened when they shipped off Ramon Ramirez to the Giants and he's been pretty great for them.

Manny could have been a decent 4th or 5th guy in the rotation, if someone gets cut loose like Daisuke.

Plus, they got shit for him considering who the Rockies have on their team.