• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what a beautiful beautiful place Fenway Park is.

The current ownership has done a wonderful service to baseball fans - improving and preserving Fenway Park. In the 1980s and 1990s, the park was a mess. Pigeons nesting in the rafters, ancient restrooms with disgusting troughs for urinals, cracked cement everywhere. The average fan back then was a 70 year old male with a cigar and few teeth (no knock against toothless folks, just what I remember). The place is beautiful now. And the fans - half or more are female, and the average age seems to be late 20s. My brother went to Fenway last week for the first time since the early 1980s and he described the place as one big bar.

The current ownership can drive the team into the ground, and I'll still be happy with them for what they have done to Fenway.

Now about the ticket prices.....

I can certainly vouch for the urinal troughs at old school Fenway - my first bout of peeing stagefright happened there, standing next to my grandfather and a bunch of old dudes pissing away.

I can certainly vouch for the urinal troughs at old school Fenway - my first bout of peeing stagefright happened there, standing next to my grandfather and a bunch of old dudes pissing away.

Ha! I remember those fondly. Certainly helped with the long line problem....

Helluva win for the Yankees last night that'll probably seal the division for them. How do you win a game where Cliff Lee strikes out 11 of you, you're down 6-1, and finally, your opponent has the tying run on 3rd with no outs in the 9th?

Helluva win for the Yankees last night that'll probably seal the division for them. How do you win a game where Cliff Lee strikes out 11 of you, you're down 6-1, and finally, your opponent has the tying run on 3rd with no outs in the 9th?

It was heartbreaking.

Today was a rare baseball occurance of Hell on Earth. They said it was 99 at gametime...but they lied. It was probably 102 and hit at least 104 by the time the game hit the 7th inning.

A day game in Texas in August. I felt so very sorry for the Red Sox.

If the White Sox want to stay in the race, they cannot let games get away from them like they did last night (first game of the doubleheader). Blew a 5-1 lead, then had the potential winning run tagged out at home plate on a stupid baserunning mistake. Then they brought in Jenks.

The Red Sox handling of their injuries (particularly Ellsbury's) makes me wonder if they have their s@#t together as an organization.

How's this? They have had a ridiculous amount of injuries. Ellsbury has sat out about 100 games because of the ribs thing, was given a healthy bill to play, and collided with another player. How's the togetherness of the organization figure into this? If anything, it could be questioned if Pedroia was sent back too prematurely. But really, what a mess it's been this season. I don't fault the running of the business/organization for the injuries, though.....