• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, digging that a lot myself

pretty bummed they're not coming to Minnesota again on this upcoming tour :(

It's quite all right. I understand that feeling, living in the Detroit area. Radiohead hasn't even visited our city (nor the vicinity) in at least 14 years.

At the least, Wilco likes Michigan.

51SKeYb919L._SL500_AA300_.jpg41K55NS46AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg413R4WQ2Z0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41JpgtBXtYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg519VfOgrHYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Prince & the NPG - 0(+>

The Move - The Best Of

Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

Tim Armstrong - A Poet's Life

Tom Waits - Frank's Wild Years

i have no idea what this is but it sounds awesome based on the album name & artwork. what's it like?

I'm only on my second listen right now. Americana/alt-country, decent songs. I think he's from D.C. -- my brother was in Michigan visiting and brought it along, saying the guy was local to his area. He's got some Steve Earle in him, among other things. Nothing groundbreaking, but I really enjoyed my first listen.

He's got a website. A song starts playing when you click onto it (fair warning). Looks like he's put out at least one album since this one I'm listening to.

Scott McMicken: Sweet Sound of Music

Live at Studio 34

March 6th 2010

1. "Shadow on the Wall"

2. “Charity of Treason”

3. "The Day You Were Born"

4. "Man's Best Friend"

5. "Picnic in a Junkyard"

6. "Fly in the Light"

7. "Home on the Range"

8. "Listen to Your Old Lady"

9. "Spirit, Oh, Spirit"

10. "Shadow People"

11. "I Hope There's Love"

12. "Livin' A Dream"

Most of these songs are unknown!! :blink Perhaps Scott has a solo album in the works...? :dancing

I'm only on my second listen right now. Americana/alt-country, decent songs. I think he's from D.C. -- my brother was in Michigan visiting and brought it along, saying the guy was local to his area. He's got some Steve Earle in him, among other things. Nothing groundbreaking, but I really enjoyed my first listen.

He's got a website. A song starts playing when you click onto it (fair warning). Looks like he's put out at least one album since this one I'm listening to.

just checked out the 2 songs on his site. sounds good.

just arrived:

41P5YBG3H6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barry Adamson - The King of Nothing Hill

I just started working my way through it, she did a rare appearance on late night TV:

Newsom on Fallon

oh, yeah - i heard about that happening, but then forgot to search for it online. thanks. actually, soft as chalk is one of my favourites from the album.

watching her live on the piano, and also having seen lots of other performers i really like, i've come to the conclusion that it is essential to pull weird faces in order to sound really good. it's not only ray charles that did it. they all do it. this is the sort of thing they should be teaching the kids on x-factor. forget the hand movements. it's all about pulling stupid faces.

wanda_ace.jpg

yay! I am so booking this:

Subject: Wanda Jackson back in London, Ontario?

"Hello all ... we're planning on bringing Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Wanda Jackson back to London this summer ... her new Jack White (of White Stripes fame) produced record is generating lots of buzz and it looks like she will have a busy year promoting it ... gotta get her here while we have the chance ... we can make it happen if you want it ... let me know if you do ... thanks!"

besnardlakes-roaringnight.jpg

The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night

starting to think this may end up ahead of Teen Dream for me... music.gif

Finally got this one, giving it a first listen this morning...