Sky Blue Sky Sandwich Company in Toronto

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep forgetting this exists/packing my lunch and then remembering. Also, I've apparently have walked by it a ton of times and have never seen it. What is wrong with me? I will go today.

So I finally went, and its pretty cool. The Via Chicago is delicious, and the prices are pretty reasonable. It's kind of a trip to be eating under a Wilco poster of a show that I've attended while hearing people say "Let me try a Dreamer in my Dreams" or "I'll have a Wishful Thinking". They bake their own bread! And make their own pickles!!! I got to talk with Chad and he's super nice. The space itself is really comfortable and open. Also, good music! I will definitely go back regularly for studying purposes. All y'all should come on up to Toronto and we can take over the place.

I don't have a tally, but I think that in Pitchfork, Wilco is the band most frequently tagged in concert with "WTF".

I'd wager Weezer / Rivers Cuomo has them beat by a mile. I mean he straight-faced played a song with Kenny G, for chrissake. That and an album named Raditude with this on the cover:

raditude-weezer.jpg

Arguably the whole last 14 years of his / their career have been one huge WTF.