i made a pretty good haul:

Beach House – Zebra 12”

The Black Keys – “Tighten Up” b/w “Howlin’ For You” 12” (new tracks)

Bon Iver/Peter Gabriel – “Come Talk To Me” b/w “Flume” split 7” (cover song swap)

Built to Spill – “Water Sleepers” b/w “Linus And Lucy Live” 7”

Julian Casablancas – “11th Dimension” (live) b/w “Long Island Blues” 7”

Drive-By Truckers – “Your Woman Is A Living Thing” b/w “Just Maybe” 7” (picture sleeve, songs exclusive to this release)

Fanfarlo – “You Are One Of The Few Outsiders Who Really Understands Us” b/w “What Makes You Think You Are The One” 7”

Hold Steady – Heaven Is Whenever LP (insanely limited to 600)

Magnetic Fields/Peter Gabriel – “Not One of Us” b/w “The Book of Love” 7” (cover song swap)

Menomena/Helio Sequence – “Pilgrim’s Progress” b/w “Converter” split 7”

Phoenix – “Fences” b/w “Fences (Remix) 12”

Soundgarden – “Hunted Down” b/w “Nothing to Say” 7” (orange vinyl reproduction of band’s first single)

Bruce Springsteen – “Wrecking Ball” (live at Giants Stadium) b/w “Ghost of Tom Joad” (live w/ Tom Morello) 10”

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros – Global A Go-Go; Streetcore LP

Thermals/Cribs – “Separate” b/w “So Hot Now” split 7”

White Rabbits & Antlers – Live from Daytrotter 7” (“Foxhunting” b/w “Shiva”)

Yeasayer – O.N.E. 12” (4 tracks)

Neil Young – "Heart of Gold" b/w "Sugar Mountain" 7”

Non-RSD stuff:

Red Pens - Reasons (limited edition (300 copies) red vinyl)

Zak Sally - Fear of Song (limited edition handmade vinyl (11/340)

Wilco - You Never Know/Unlikely Japan 7"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in line early at Schoolkids in Raleigh, NC

Picked up:

• Mule Variations 11th Anniversary
  • REM Chronic Town
  • John Lennon Singles Bag (3x7")
  • Rolling Stones 7"
  • DBTs 7"
  • Wilco 7" w. "Unlikely Japan" (not exclusive to RSD)

I could have went nuts, but didn't. I really wanted those VU reissues of Live 1969, but they didn't get any at Schoolkids. Also was hoping to score on the Joy Division, but no dice on that, either. All in all, a pretty good haul for RSD.

looks like you got some good stuff! I may go to Schoolkids on Weds. and see if they have anything left. if not, they def. have some stuff I'll end up buying their vinyl collection is quite nice. did you try calling Edward McKay to see if they have what you're looking for? not sure if they participated in RSD this year but I know they did last year.

looks like you got some good stuff! I may go to Schoolkids on Weds. and see if they have anything left. if not, they def. have some stuff I'll end up buying their vinyl collection is quite nice. did you try calling Edward McKay to see if they have what you're looking for? not sure if they participated in RSD this year but I know they did last year.

Actually, I didn't even think about Edward McKay's. I haven't been there in a coon's age. Don't even remember where it's at, actually. I had friends that had good success at Chaz' Bull City Records, in Durham too.

Just got this Email

In case you missed out on the very limited edition 7" vinyl of "Plundered My Soul"

The Official Newsletter of the Rolling Stones

Plundered My Soul 7" and download released

Unheard since 1972 and enhanced by Mick and Keith for 2010, Plundered My Soul is to be released for Record Store Day on May 17th.

If you missed out on the very limited edition 7" vinyl of "Plundered My Soul" that was available exclusivey on Record Store Day, don't worry - it's available to download. For the US click here, and the UK click here, or visit your local digital retailer online.

Heres the link

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=714

I'm kind of thinking that next year they may need to up the number of copies available and continue to improve the distribution. I love record store day, but the thought of camping out and running into a record store to grab a 7 inch before some other hipster gets their grubs on it, is not my idea of a cool record store experience. This could be like our version of wal mart on black friday.

Anyway, just a fear.

I was hoping to pick up the new Josh Ritter and the Modest Mouse re issue (the store didn't get either)

I picked up the DBT 7 in and Neil Young 7in (so cool)

I also picked up thre non record store day vinyls

Damien Jurado Caught In The Trees

Devendra Banhart Smokey Rolls...

and Midlake Courage of Others

I wasn't going to buy anything, but RSD excitement got the better of me :P Got to Laurie's at 8:30 and ended up around 50th in line...sheesh.

Moby Grape 7"

Plants and Animals LP (this is so incredibly excellent)

Dum Dum Girls/Male Bonding 7"

Happy Birthday 7"

Rodriguez 7"

Soundgarden 7" (for a friend)

Wilco Kicking Television box

Hendrix live LP

and a bunch of free junk. Score!

Actually, I didn't even think about Edward McKay's. I haven't been there in a coon's age. Don't even remember where it's at, actually. I had friends that had good success at Chaz' Bull City Records, in Durham too.

I'm pretty sure it's on Capital Boulevard. I've spent the bulk of my life here and still have no idea where I'm at. I didn't know Durham had a record store! sounds like I need to head out that way sometime soon.

Hey all- I got in line early at Kim's in NYC and got the Wilco box, SY, Deerhoof, Elvis, and Pavement.

As I was standing there, I decided to pick up a second Wilco box. Why? Well, I figured that someone here would get shut out, or would only have a local store that didn't get it. Also, I knew that scumbags would be posting the box on ebay for $150, and I'd get the satisfaction of seeing my copy go to someone for the proper price and let those tools eat their loss. Or, one of them, at least. Anyway, long story short, if you are looking for a sealed, brand-new Wilco KT box of LPs, from Record Store Day, I am happy to sell it and ship it to you for the price I paid -- $75. Hit me with a PM if you are interested. It's yours.

I'm not interested myself but just wanted to say that's a very kind gesture.

that is a very kind gesture. something tells me that the Kung Fu store will be out of them soon and that we'll have at least a good 3-5 threads created on here by users looking for the set.

if you are looking for a sealed, brand-new Wilco KT box of LPs, from Record Store Day, I am happy to sell it and ship it to you for the price I paid -- $75. Hit me with a PM if you are interested. It's yours.

This is why I love the VC boards! Everyone is so nice here. I've got it ordered from KF already, but thank you for offering.