Tonight at 10pm ET the best show on tv returns to AMC. If you've never watched Breaking Bad you are missing out and I highly suggest you give it a try tonight. Bryan Cranston is a incredible actor.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching season 1 on DVD, and all of season 2 for free on Comcast On Demand ... and so I'm right there with you. I love this show. AMC rules bringing us both Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I can't wait to pick up Mad Men season 3 on DVD next week.

Tonight at 10pm ET the best show on tv returns to AMC. If you've never watched Breaking Bad you are missing out and I highly suggest you give it a try tonight. Bryan Cranston is a incredible actor.

agree. Great writing, great acting, very unique and interesting story. Definitely in my top 2 favorite shows (w/ Dexter)

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize it was coming back so soon :).

Guest Runaway Jim

Breaking Bad has historically been On Demand so it should be.

I love this show too.

Last night's episode was great. Set up a few storylines that promise to bring a good story with them. I'm most intrigued by Jesse's shattered life.

I always feel so bad for Jesse. The episode last year with the little boy is probably my single favorite episode.

I looked on amctv.com and the shows are streaming there! :w00t will watch it after class.

Mostly just a wrap up episode last night to tie up all the chaotic things that went on at the end of season 2. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Guest Runaway Jim

I didn't feel like it was just a wrap up episode. It set the ground work for this season's major storylines...

1. Yes, we saw Walt's wife leave last season, but now she wants a divorce. Walt has now claimed he is out of the meth game to concentrate on his family life. Oh, and in the midst of discussing divorce, Walt confesses to her that he cooks meth. That's pretty huge.

2. Despite wanting out of the meth cooking business, Walt is offered $3mil for 3 months of cooking for the chicken restaurant manager guy. An offer he may have refused up front, but surely has to be pretty tempting.

3. Jesse is out of rehab, but not in good shape. He has vowed not to use, but yet blames himself for the death of not only his girlfriend, but 167 innocent people from the plane collision. He is told of self-acceptance in rehab, but he interprets this to mean he should accept that he's the "bad guy" in life. Sounds like a recipe for self-destruction. Or maybe the destruction of anything near him. Perhaps the destruction of his partner, Walt.

4. Some pretty ruthless Mexican gangsters are in the US looking for Walt. They know who he is and what he looks like. Oh, and they'll apparently do just about anything to get to him, like kill a truck load of their fellow Mexicans. And abandon a Mercedes!

I didn't feel like it was just a wrap up episode. It set the ground work for this season's major storylines...

1. Yes, we saw Walt's wife leave last season, but now she wants a divorce. Walt has now claimed he is out of the meth game to concentrate on his family life. Oh, and in the midst of discussing divorce, Walt confesses to her that he cooks meth. That's pretty huge.

2. Despite wanting out of the meth cooking business, Walt is offered $3mil for 3 months of cooking for the chicken restaurant manager guy. An offer he may have refused up front, but surely has to be pretty tempting.

3. Jesse is out of rehab, but not in good shape. He has vowed not to use, but yet blames himself for the death of not only his girlfriend, but 167 innocent people from the plane collision. He is told of self-acceptance in rehab, but he interprets this to mean he should accept that he's the "bad guy" in life. Sounds like a recipe for self-destruction. Or maybe the destruction of anything near him. Perhaps the destruction of his partner, Walt.

4. Some pretty ruthless Mexican gangsters are in the US looking for Walt. They know who he is and what he looks like. Oh, and they'll apparently do just about anything to get to him, like kill a truck load of their fellow Mexicans. And abandon a Mercedes!

Wrap-up was a bad word to use. Setting the ground work for new story lines is better. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Walt, Jesse, and Saul back in the meth game. Also wanna see whats up with those 2 mexican dudes.

Guest Runaway Jim

Also wanna see whats up with those 2 mexican dudes.

Me too. I can't remember - have we seen them before? I can't remember. That was all very new to me but I can't remember if I'm forgetting a past storyline.

Me too. I can't remember - have we seen them before? I can't remember. That was all very new to me but I can't remember if I'm forgetting a past storyline.

No I believe those two are new.

Although I do recall Tuco saying something about 2 cousins coming up before Hank killed him.

• 1 month later...

Last night's episode was unreal. The season started a little slow action-wise, but it was all in character & story development. Now we're starting to see things come to a head. (or through a head, if you like)

Yeah definitely last week and this week's episodes were really intense, edge of your seat drama. These 2 episodes really showed Hank falling apart but accepting responsibility for losing it. The final couple of minutes or so with the anonymous phone call tip-off (whose disguised voice was it? Gustavo? Mike? Who knew Hank's phone number anyway? The sleazy attorney?). And the final scene with Hank fumbling for the bullet, ending with the axe sticking upright in the cement were amazingly well done, fantastic scenes. I had to watch that episode a second time.

I love this show. And if Jesse is going to be working with Walt, will the fired lab assistant be allowed to live, or is he too much of a security risk for Gus? Which leads to the question of if anyone ever gets out of this job alive. :unsure

I love this show as well. Sunday's Show was so intense, I had to go outside and get some fresh air when it was over... my heart was a' flutterin'. I kind of thought that Hank was a douche last season. Just sort of a meat head, but I've changed my tune. He seems to be the only guy that aims for doing the right thing. Those twins are scary, dudes. But I can't see them writing Hank off the show. He's just starting to get interesting! And my god!... Anna Gun is just gorgeous... at least to me, she is. I'd even watch Dancing with the Stars if she was on it.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

He seems to be the only guy that aims for doing the right thing.

Hank won't be written off the show for that very reason. Walt needs some company in the gray area between good and bad.

Hank took a major beating there and the final gunshot with *that* bullet was fantastic. This show is one of the very best on television right now.

That lab assistant guy is bound to play a pivotal role somewhere if he ends up getting fired by Walt.

• 5 weeks later...