Boston webcast @ the Orpheum on April 6th

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks like fun

Festival goers will be able to participate in an interactive guitar pedal exhibit with Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, a concert-poster silk screening demonstration, a drum and percussion workshop by Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche, and workshops with guitar makers or try out the solid sound stompbox station. Film and video installations, and DJs will fill out the events.

:cheers

With a vibrant roster of musical performances, sound sculpture, comedy, demonstrations and more curated by Chicago-based band Wilco, the Solid Sound Festival will unfold over three days at MASS MoCA's factory campus in the Berkshires on August 13-15, 2010. This festival will feature two headline performances by Wilco, plus individual performances by all the Wilco members' side projects including: Glenn Kotche's On Fillmore, The Nels Cline Singers, The Autumn Defense featuring John Stirratt and Pat Sansone and Mikael Jorgensen's Pronto. Festival is outdoors, rain or shine.

Solid Sound Festival at MASS MoCA begins on the evening of Friday, August 13, and runs through approximately 6 PM Sunday, August 15. Not exclusively a music event, the festival will offer a fully programmed comedy stage and many interactive installations and exhibits. Plus festival attendees will have full access to the MASS MoCA campus, including the galleries.

Festival goers will be able to participate in an interactive guitar pedal exhibit with Wilco guitarist Nels Cline, a concert-poster silk screening demonstration, a drum and percussion workshop by Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche, and workshops with guitar makers or try out the solid sound stompbox station. Film and video installations, and DJs will fill out the events.

Art on display during the festival will include the Sol LeWitt Retrospective (chosen #1 exhibition of the year by Time magazine); Inigo Manglano Ovalle's Gravity is a Force to be Reckoned with; a major exhibition of work by Petah Coyne; Material World: Sculpture to Environment, a group exhibition; Leonard Nimoy's Secret Selves; and a new installation by Michael Oatman.

Tickets for will go on sale online on Friday, April 9 at 10 AM through www.massmoca.org or at 11 AM in person at the MASS MoCA Box Office Tickets are general admission. THE FESTIVAL IS OUTDOORS RAIN OR SHINE.

:omg

i wonder if i could get to this.

drum workshop with glenn!! i have had dreams about something like that!

this looks like fun

:cheers

WOW!!!! I'm there.

Thank you

GO FOR IT>>>>3 days the band will be there... Like the doc watson festival in NC>>> very interactive...

it's a long ways away from southeast tennessee... :hmm

plus, i have tuition to pay for next semester. it sure would be amazing though.