Now Playing: May 2010

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eek. ok. but, i'd just say in that situation that i thought it was really good. you'd have to be talking in terms of years for it to have "staying power"

they were on tv last night, actually - on the jools holland show (in the uk) along with the national. i don't know if you can get that on any of your channels in the usa, but the proper show is friday night (the tuesday night show is live, but only 30 mins, whereas the friday is recorded but 1 hour).

I suppose, but normally after a few listens for a record I drop it, go on to whatever else I'm digging at the moment only to come back a long time later and be like "oh, yeah, I like(d) this record a whole lot." Since its leaked, I've listened to it at least once every other day, I think.

The video of "Drunk Girls" on Jools showed up on Youtube, so I caught it. I've actually been in London for awhile as I've been studying abroad here, so I would normally catch Jools if, uh, I had a tv.

np:

51EHZ37CYYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61a0Ym-MaNL._SL500_AA300_.jpge6587699eqg.jpg

61z%2BBBE0lPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41CJ6A6Q14L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle

Falstaff - Falstaff

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Harry Nilsson - Pandemonium Shadow Show/Aerial Ballet/Aerial Pandemonium Ballet

(there are no images of the Falstaff record that I'm listening to, but it looks pretty similar to their second album, pictured there. Makes no difference, really, but I like to state that for the record, as it is...)

:-|

Looks cool... frantically googling.

--Mike

It's a strange little psychedelic-outsider-country record. If you're in the mood for something different this might do the trick.

Not sure how easy it is to find on the nets, PM me if you can't find it.

B000024HOQ.jpg

Nick Lowe & Rockpile - mix of early solo tunes

Coctails - Peel

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight: Best Of

Urge Overkill - Saturation

Toots & The Maytalls - Funky Kingston/In the Dark

folderuq.jpg

Already!?

And at 320, no doubt. Yeah, Sub Pop has a bad rep when it comes to keeping things under wraps. I bet I can find a real, physical copy in about 3 weeks at one of my local record stores. I have found all of Sub Pop's most recent records at least 2-3 weeks before their release date at that store. I'm guessing promo copies and they're always cheap ($6-$7)...and multiples at that. I have gotten the Male Bonding, Happy Birthday and Dum Dum Girls album weeks before their relase.

They are also the same way with Merge Records and Matador too- always can find them weeks (sometimes months - I got Lou Barlow's latest about a month and a half before it's release) in advance. The difference being, Sub Pop always issues full artwork whereas the others do not.

Whoa, very cool, thanks!

No worries. I love these samplers because they expose me to new artists that are not on my radar. For example, I really liked that Foals song on the Subpop sampler. Gotta check them out.

c256898d7ge.jpg41HKT7E1XXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41WSSEV3DPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You Am I - Hi-Fi Way

REM - Dead Letter Office

Derek & The Dominoes - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs

(I picked all of these up at Half-Price Books just yesterday. I think it was maybe $10 total for the trio.)

MaterialIssue.jpg

Material Issue - Eleven Supersonic Hit Explosions