Band comebacks that actually WORKED?

for me, it works as long as they DON'T release any new material (since a lot of bands who tend to get back together after a long hiatus tend to put out really bad albums)

which is why surprises like MoBurma, Polvo, Dino Jr, are so great. most bands should be able to reasonably pull off a live show after years of inactivity.

which is why surprises like MoBurma, Polvo, Dino Jr, are so great. most bands should be able to reasonably pull off a live show after years of inactivity.

you would think so...but it's quite surprising that pavement are much better live now than they were when they broke up. I forgot Mission of Burma.

I agree with the Dinosaur Jr. and Mission of Burma sentiments. Both have put out albums that are equal toi their previous output. Out of the two, Dinosaur has the edge in my book.

As for the Pumpkins, even the tour/residencies right before the release of Zeitgeist, it didn't feel right. He should have just kept the SP name in the first place (see Zwan, which was pretty great).

Pixies all the way... I never got to see them prior to their breakup, but they were amazing live.

Out of all of the bands I would expect to have a reunion, they were at the bottom of the list. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. :dancing

I saw Camper Van Beethoven open for Modest Mouse at The Fox in ATL. To hear the Take The Skinheads Bowling by the original band was badass and almost made you forget how much time the lead singer wasted in Cracker. The Mouse were off their nuts that night too.

Goddamnit people get real.

There is only ONE correct answer here.

e-street.jpg

When Sleater Kinney get back together they'll be better then ever! Ok, so I can dream.....

Real examples? Phish is seriously the only one I can come up with. "Joy" is one the best albums they've ever made.

And does The Dead count? Talking about the post=1975 hiatus. No one really knew if they were done or not then.